Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostat

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
PoltoS

Double check Wakeup Interval settings and node to be notified

Post by PoltoS »

These parameters can be found just below Configuration section in Device Configuration tab.Check your wakeup interval (seems to be reasonable, since device sends you temperature sensor values) and node to be notified (it should be node 1 if Z-Cloud runs on the stick which is primary - most probable case).Just to test - communications should happen if you wake up your thermostat manually pressing on the wheel. If this is the case, you have some wrong node in wakeup settings.
Soepkip

I can only choose all Nodes or the Binary switch

Post by Soepkip »

Under Configuration - Wakeup Notification, I found:

Wakeup time, seconds: 256 (256) [so actually set to 256]
to Node: 'HRT4-ZW receiver' [OR] 'All nodes'

I named the binary switch 'HRT4-ZW receiver' which is Node 2. It SEEMS I cannot select Node 1 here... is this a problem? Can it be solved by selecting All Nodes or would this infer with other (future) devices??
PoltoS

What icon do you see for Z-Cloud node?

Post by PoltoS »

It should be the icon of a PC. If your device is not listed in Wakeup Notification nodes list, it is probably not marked as Static controller, but something else. Have you used your stick in another controller software? May be some software have changed the NIF of the stick to make it portable controller? Unbelievable, but might happen.

Try to disconnect from Z-Cloud and connect back. This will make Z-Cloud to write correct NIF and re-read it back from the stick.
Soepkip

I restarted

Post by Soepkip »

But my controller (Node1) still shows up with a "remote control icon" on the device configuration tab.

The stick has not been used (by me) with any other software, but I'm getting the feeling I got a used one!! :@

Soepkip

Messed up my config...

Post by Soepkip »

I started using the automatic control for the thermostat using schedules, but the devices did not respond... Tried to rebuilt my network and re-include the HRT devices but seem to have screwed that up now :S Is it possible to reset ALL settings and pairings/inclusions etc and do a fresh start?

The thermostat and binary switch are connected to each other and the switch does respond to manual setpoints of the thermostat.....
PoltoS

You can reset the controller

Post by PoltoS »

After this you an exclude all your devices and include them back.