Danfoss living connect implementation error?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pz1

That is indeed disappointing.

Post by pz1 »

That is indeed disappointing. I can imagine they are not overly eager to talk to individuals. But it is strange that they even seem to neglect the people like you who are the enablers of their technology.
If "out of the box interoperability" is an important feature of their products, which is advertised as one of the strenghts of Zwave, a more proactive attitude towards software builders would be a necessity.
Anyhow thanks for your continued efforts to clarify matters.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
zeimon

New Z-Wave version just arrived

Post by zeimon »

I can confirm that the New version is out, since i just got it.

setting it up ASAP.
PoltoS

It is totally identical to previous version

Post by PoltoS »

except for the absence of Danfoss proprietary functionality.
pz1

compatibility with Danfoss controller

Post by pz1 »

I assume that this would mean that you can NOT use that device with the Danfoss controller ?
pz1

Did you find the cause?

Post by pz1 »

Did you find the cause for this "panic" behaviour, or a workaround? I observed that my system hasn't shown that behaviour as frequently as before the summer. If it occured, I could always relate it to other things I was doing on my Synology box.
PoltoS

Nothing has changed for us.

Post by PoltoS »

Nothing has changed for us. The only change in devices is that it does not work with Danfoss Link system. And there is another version for Link, which does not work with Z-Wave.
zeimon

Same problem as Pallegd...

Post by zeimon »

I have the same problem as Pallegd.

I have configured a climate schedule, and selected it in Zone states.

I selected the thermostat in Device Control - Thermostats and selected "automatic control".

However the thermostats doesn't follow the schedule. it remains at the "set point" temperature of 18C.

In Device Control - Thermostats it shows the correct temperature according to the schedule.

In Expert mode, For Experts - Expert commands - ClimateControlSchedule. it seems to show the correct times and temperatures and true.

the Inspect Que is empty.

I am using the Tricklestar USB dongle on a Mac running ML.
Application version is 2.50
SDK is 4.28

I also noticed sometimes, the antenna and bell symbol on the thermostat starts to blink, this doesn't seem to have any effect on communication with z-way though, and can be easily fixed with pressing the middle button a couple of seconds, arrow down and middle button.

I you need further information i will be happy to help.

The manual control works perfectly.
pz1

Nothing has changed for Danfoss

Post by pz1 »

For Danfoss apparantly nothing has changed either. Their WEB site http://www.living.danfoss.de/ still shows the old story....
PoltoS

Everything seems to work

Post by PoltoS »

Dear Simon,

We don't see any problem in your system. The only one is your expectations.

Danfoss have a bug (they call it it a feature ;): it show setpoint temperature instead of actual one. This was discussed quite a lot on this forum.

Z-Wave standard defines two temperatures: setpoint and setback. Z-Way software always uses setpoint equal to 18, while all deviations are made using setback according to the schedule. This leads to 18 degrees on the screen of Danfoss living connect, even while the device follows the schedule.
zeimon

Maybe i didnt explain it good

Post by zeimon »

Maybe i didnt explain it good enough.

I am aware that the setpoint temp of 18c is shown in the display of the Danfoss Living. The temperature doesnt change in the room, as measured with a analog thermostat. And the radiator doesnt switch on.