SP814 motion detector

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pssara

SP814 motion detector

Post by pssara »

Hi,
I have installed a SP814 motion sensor. The device status on the webif changes to green when motion is detected. However, I cannot capture the event under a rule. I have tried event newvalue on, full, 99 but the rule is never triggered. Any suggestions?
Thanx
PoltoS

Turn logging on and see what comes from the device

Post by PoltoS »

Value is certainly 255 (full).

And make sure to enable associations. If you see colour changes, your device sends Reports, but not Set (called New Value in Rules). There should be a wat to enable Set too: by adding Z-Cloud to some association group or changing some config parameter.
pssara

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Post by pssara »

Hi, thanks for the reply.
The devices (I have got 2) are sending a set to the controller with a value of 99.

PoltoS

In that case use Rule with parameters New Value 99

Post by PoltoS »

And enable it with a checkbox on the left from the name of the Rule. Check logs to track the event.
eligv

I have a sp814 Everspring

Post by eligv »

I have a sp814 Everspring included in the network. This always idle. not activated LED detection. In interview appears complete configuration devices and device is currently sleeping.
Basic Level Set:
Updated: 13:19
Default value is unknown
This value is added to the BASIC command
Configuration parameter type is not handled in the interface: constant
Enable / Disable Function Detection Sensor:
Updated: 13:20
Default value is unknown
I tried changing the configuration commands in expert parameters 1 and 2 without success.

Any idea?

Eventually work!

Thanks and regards
klirichek

It can be set via 'raw mode'

Post by klirichek »

If you look into manual of sp814 you can see the config parameter 2, which enables or disables the sensor. Unfortunately I can't find the associated checkbox in the gui. But it is exist, and can be set in the raw mode.
Configuration, Set[2,1,1] will enable the sensor.
Configuration, Set[2,0,1] will disable it.

Also such param could be explicitly send via Expert mode commands (find there Configuration, Set Paramenter 2, value 1, 1 byte). BTW to make the change persistent it is necessary to be set in config.

And - since the device is battery powered - don't forget to wake it up (triple keypress) in order that these settings can be actually applied. Or wait when it wakes up itself (by default in 1 hour) and also take the settings.
eligv

Thanks for the reply.

Post by eligv »

Thanks for the reply.
Had already tried without success. I tested the detector with Vera or respond. Is the sensor problem.
Thanks again