Zwave.me iTemp driving down Danfoss LC?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pz1

Zwave.me iTemp driving down Danfoss LC?

Post by pz1 »

You have this temperature sensor Zwave.me iTemp with an additional contact sensor. I was thinking about connecting that contact sensor to a magnet driven reed contact. This then could be placed in a window to determine whether it had opened. Can the change in the contact of iTemp be used to drive by association the Danfoss Living Connect to close the valve if a window opens?
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

No, it can not.

Post by PoltoS »

Sleeping device can not control another sleeping device. You have to use a controller in between.

Another problem is that you can not tell Danfoss Living Connect device to close the valve - you can only change temperature.

Note that Danfoss Living Connect device has it's own "open window detection" based on fast temperature drop to more than5 deg. In such case Living Connect will go into frost protection mode and will not heat your outdoor garden.
pz1

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Post by pz1 »

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had spotted "Open-window function: Yes" in the specification. I had assumed at the time this had to be done with one of these window switches. But you are right the introductory text does say does indeed mention dramatically falling temperatures. It does not say under what condition it resumes the preset schedules.
edit: I found in the meantime that it does resume after 30 minutes. Apparantly in Denmark one ventilates bedrooms for only 30 minutes ;)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum