Everspring SF812 Smoke detector

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
pz1

Everspring SF812 Smoke detector

Post by pz1 »

I have included this smoke detector into my system. The system did not detect it as a SF812, but in the device description record it appeared to be the default choice. So I accepted that. The system confirms that the interview was complete, so I assume that everything is there.
I have it running for an hour now, and I see that it is still awake. The manual says that you can awake the device by pushing the inclusion button three times. That would mean that it could somehow be sent to sleep as well. The printed manual that goes with the device does not mention any function to send the device to sleep or even how to configure the sleep mode. The specification in the pepper1 database does not mention any parameters to be set either.
In expert commands I also did not find a command to set it, which does not surprise me given the above.
Any clue how to deal with this? I assume the battery will go down fast if it remains awake for a prolonged period.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

The device should be sent into sleep after communications

Post by PoltoS »

Please check that the device is really awake (try to request update of sensor value and see if it replies). May be Z-Way shows it as awake, but it is sleeping in fact. If it really sleeps, Z-Way will mark it as sleeping after failure of packet delivery.

Also check in expert mode in Device config: Show Interview results -> click on the device Id (on top) -> check keepAwake parameter. It should be "false".
pz1

It seems to work now

Post by pz1 »

It has taken a couple of hours yesterday before it went to sleep. I did check the parameters while it appeared to be awake, and indeed I remember the keepAwake was set to false. So that confused me.
I just checked, and found it has been asleep sind 15:02 yesterday afternoon.
As a next check I just pushed the test button. I did receive two alarm messages Unknown Alarm from node 12: (1, 255, 0) and Unknown Alarm from node 12: (1, 0, 0), which I interpret as alarm and alarm cleared. On the Devices Status screen it is sleeping again with a new time stamp. So I assume everthing is healthy now.
pz1

How to activate scene with Alarm

Post by pz1 »

I try to get two lights being switched on by a trigger from this smoke detector. I have scenes set up to perform the switching. That works, the problem is in defining a rule that activates this scene. For the Condition og the rule I selected the Smoke detector, for the Event I selected Alarm. It is unclear from the documentation what I should fill in the fields Alarm type and Alarm reason. Because on the alarm I received mail message with Unknown Alarm from node 12: (1, 255, 0), and at the end of the alarm a similar message with at the end the triplet ((1,0,0), I tried in both slots with 1 and 255, and the other way around. Unfortunately nothing happened.
What am I doing wrong?
PoltoS

This is a bug in Z-Way UI. We will fix it soon.

Post by PoltoS »

We apologize
pz1

No problem

Post by pz1 »

No problem :)
pz1

Can you give an estimate when

Post by pz1 »

Can you give an estimate when this will be fixed? days? weeks? I am not in a hurry, but just like to know.
PoltoS

Not in short list ;(

Post by PoltoS »

It's in TODO, but there are so much critical stuff before!
pz1

Next year?

Post by pz1 »

Next year?
pz1

An other problem

Post by pz1 »

I have an other problem with this device. I did notice that if I push the test button, I do get an Alarm message from ZWave>Me. The same happens if I open the device, which activates the tamper switch. So communication seems to be OK.
I am surprised that the device does not send an updated value for the battery status. At least what I observed is that the level is still 100%. I must admit that the device and hence the battery is new.
So I tested some other things: In Expertmode I requested battery status and alarm at the smoke sensor (device 12). Those commands seem to stay in queue for ever. I have opened the device and pressed the tamper switch several time since. No effect on the queue.

0 W 3.30 12 Request node neighbours update 1 5 0 48 c 2e 90
0 W 3.30 12 Send to device 12, instance 0, battery get 1 9 0 13 c 2 80 2 5 e8 84
0 W 3.30 12 Send to device 12, instance 0, sensor alarm get 1 a 0 13 c 3 9c 1 1 5 e9 99
1 W 3.30 4 Send to device 4, instance 0, wakeup no more information Not delivered to recipient due to no ACK from destination 1 9 0 13 4 2 84 8 5 a9 c3

Is this a flaw in Zwave.me or is it due to a bad device design.
If you install these devices in a building, you would expect that if you do the quarterly safety checks, you would want to see the battery levels, so you can take preventive measures. Certainly if elderly or disabled persons are involved.