ZME flush mountables config question

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
anthonycook

Will the version 1.9 include

Post by anthonycook »

Will the version 1.9 include a fix for the buffer overflow problem? What is upgrade cost and contact details for Z-Wave Europe GmbH? I bought my units from vesternet.
PoltoS

You can send them via

Post by PoltoS »

You can send them via Vesternet (it will take a while, since they collect RMA and send them once per aprox. two months) ot send it directly to Z-Wave Europe. Please wait a bit untill we release 1.9 (hope to do it by the end of January). The reflashing itself will cost nothing (it's clearly our fault [Sigma in fact, but users should not care?]), but the shipment roundtrip will (that's why using Vesternet might be easier).
anthonycook

I spoke to the guys at Z-Wave

Post by anthonycook »

I spoke to the guys at Z-Wave Europe and they were under the impression that firmware 1.8 fixes the buffer overflow problem. Can you confirm this? How long until firmware 1.9?
PoltoS

Dear Anthony, indeed we have

Post by PoltoS »

Dear Anthony, indeed we have delayed with 1.9. It will not come until CeBIT (beginning of March) for sure. But this is in our TODO list. 1.8 is better than yours, but 1.9 will fix more minor problems.
anthonycook

What is the status of

Post by anthonycook »

What is the status of firmware 1.9?
PoltoS

Dear Anthony, it was

Post by PoltoS »

Dear Anthony, it was postponed due to overload of our team with RaZberry project and some others. We still have it in our roadmap, but certainly lower priority that new projects. Duwi products are under question now, so we do not focus on them too much.
martinisoft

Any news on 1.9? will it ever

Post by martinisoft »

Any news on 1.9? will it ever be released and if not what are the current issues with 1.8?
You state that Düwi products are under question.. Under question at Zwave.me or do you mean that they may not be manufactured anymore?
PoltoS

Most of them are not supplied

Post by PoltoS »

Most of them are not supplied anymore by Duwi and they can not confirm about the rest: they can put them down at any time. So, there are no interest at all in continuing supporting them if they can disappear at any moment.

We apologize, but we depend on Duwi in this issue. I'm not even sure these products are still manufatured - they runs from stock now. And since we have introduced our own Wall Controller, and Switches/Dimmers are available from Fibaro, there are no reason to continue this productline - the h/w quality dropped in last year ;(