Fibaro Wall Plug AlarmSensor

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Mike_77

Fibaro Wall Plug AlarmSensor

Post by Mike_77 »

The Wall Plug needs always a reintewrview of the Alarmsensor.
I have never got this interview ok.

What can I do?

Mike
Last edited by Mike_77 on 19 May 2014 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
pofs

Re: Fibaro Wall Plug AlarmSensor

Post by pofs »

Can you show the log fragment when you press re-interview?

To get interview passed for AlarmSensor, device should send a SENSOR_ALARM_SUPPORTED_REPORT packet. If it doesn't, it might be a bug in device firmware.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

If it doesn't, it might be a bug in device firmware.
Poltos told me quite a while ago that it IS a bug in the Fibaro
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Can confirm, alsmost all Fibaro devices misuse AlarmSensor and Alarm Command Classes. They are now under recertification, so this will be fixed soon.
hkoopmans

Post by hkoopmans »

The problem is fixed in a new firmware version but now I have 4 wallplugs with the new version and 4 with the older version. I don't have a HC2. Is there a way to upgrade the firmware for the old ones? I understand Fibaro isn't publishing there firmware files. Maybe there is a way to extract the firmware from the new ones and copy them to the old ones.

Thanks
pz1

Post by pz1 »

hkoopmans wrote:The problem is fixed in a new firmware version but now I have 4 wallplugs with the new version and 4 with the older version. I don't have a HC2. Is there a way to upgrade the firmware for the old ones? I understand Fibaro isn't publishing there firmware files. Maybe there is a way to extract the firmware from the new ones and copy them to the old ones.

Thanks
If I understood correctly, the firmware updates won't be available for HC2 before November 2014. I expect they will be made available for use via RaZberry by then as well.
pofs

Post by pofs »

hkoopmans wrote:Maybe there is a way to extract the firmware from the new ones and copy them to the old ones.
Sorry, there's no legit way to do so.
You could probably dismantle your device and read firmware directly from the chip, but it will require you to get some special equipment and knowledge to do that. I think it would be easier for you to send your devices back to Fibaro and ask them for update.
pofs

Post by pofs »

pz1 wrote:
hkoopmans wrote:The problem is fixed in a new firmware version but now I have 4 wallplugs with the new version and 4 with the older version. I don't have a HC2. Is there a way to upgrade the firmware for the old ones? I understand Fibaro isn't publishing there firmware files. Maybe there is a way to extract the firmware from the new ones and copy them to the old ones.

Thanks
If I understood correctly, the firmware updates won't be available for HC2 before November 2014. I expect they will be made available for use via RaZberry by then as well.
Well, only if we manage to make an agreement with Fibaro. Or to reverse-engineer HC2 to get access to their update servers :) Not sure yet.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

pofs wrote:Well, only if we manage to make an agreement with Fibaro. Or to reverse-engineer HC2 to get access to their update servers :) Not sure yet.

Well on the Z-Wave alliance site it is stated:
Z-Wave certification ensures that all Z-Wave products work together with each other regardless of brand, including backward-compatibility between versions. The certification process includes technical testing, programs for uniformity of marks, and enforcement of the certification standards.

While other technologies claim interoperability, only Z-Wave offers interoperability at the product level. This ensures manufacturers, integrators and end users that their products and services will work together with all certified Z-Wave products.
The Fibaro products do carry the Z-Wave logo, so consumers may expect that firmware upgrades do work across suppliers. Above that in many countries the law is such that consumers may expect that obviously defective devices are replaced by the vendor. So I think it is in Fibaro's interest to cooperate with vendors like Z-Wave.me on this feature. Saves them a lot of trouble with customers asking for replacements ;)
hkoopmans

Post by hkoopmans »

pz1 and pofs, thanks for your reactions. Lets hope that Fibaro Will maken the firmware public. It is the most easiest way to keep us satisfied.

Greetz, Henk