Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 - Gen5

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
uchuff

Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 - Gen5

Post by uchuff »

Hello

I wanted to query support for the above, appreciate it's a brand new sensor.

I had the sensor included via the Expert UI, showing as a "Routing Multilevel Sensor_7", although without a device description XML so not much in the way of configuration via the expert UI, however somehow managed to set it up in a rudimentary way to trigger a Fibaro dimmer. Rudimentary as it's doing it regardless of light level and needs the sensitivity lowering. I forget exactly how as I was tinkering quite a bit.

In the hope of finding better support I updated my Pi to the latest software, however the device is not listed in the new "Smart Home" interface.

I was wondering if increased support for this device is on the way, or if anyone has any advice at all on getting it configured. I found this XML, however while the various settings look about right I don't believe it's the correct format:

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/7 ... -01-04.xml

Apologies for the fairly lost post, I'm fairly technically competent but getting a bit stuck.
pz1

Re: Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 - Gen5

Post by pz1 »

Maybe you need to update your local device descriptors (see this post) since it has been updated in the pepper1 database only a couple of days ago
uchuff

Post by uchuff »

Thanks for that, updating now.
uchuff

Post by uchuff »

Just wanted to say thanks again, only just had time to tinker but updating the XML and plugging it in to allow it to complete interview looks to have got it working, I can see motion, lux, temp, humidity etc in Smart Home. Good stuff.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Good to hear you got it working