Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
PoltoS

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Post by PoltoS »

We hope to get many of these FGD-212 soon to make more tests and check what we can do from our ide to support them.
dacwe

Post by dacwe »

PoltoS wrote:We hope to get many of these FGD-212 soon to make more tests and check what we can do from our ide to support them.
How is this going? I have a couple of these at home! :)
bogr

Post by bogr »

I had plans, as well, to go with their switches and dimmers, but reading this thread totally made me "furious" when it comes to their totally ignorant attitude. Not answering questions when it comes to not complying to protocol and spec is, for me, a 100% decisive argument in choosing vendor. In other words - no Fibaro stuff for me!
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

I wrote to Fibaro Support as follows:

Code: Select all

Hello Fibaro,

I just installed a Dimmer 2 into my z-wave network and I failed using it
via z-wave.

Local operation works fine, but z-wave control fails due to a controller
interview failure.

Googling for it, I found a topic in the z-wave.me forum explaining why it
fails and your response that you won't fix this. Is this information
correct? I would hate return your dimmer but if it is not working with
z-wave and Razberry I see no other choice.

Thanks for letting me know if I can continue to use your product with
Razberry.
After a little back and forth they replied

Code: Select all

Dear Sir,

For additional confirmation I contacted with somebody else.

This has to be implemented in this way, because the Z-wave protocol required such implementation.

We can not do it in the another way.

You should contact with your main controller support team in order to ask why it is not compatible with Fibaro dimmer 2.

Best regards
So I tried the Aeon Labs Dimmer which interviewed fine and was accessible through Z-Way as it should. The Only problem was that I couldn't really dim my LED light, it only flickered and couldn't dim at all. As having a dimmer that can be controlled but can't dim is even worse than having a dimmer that can dim but is not accessible I reinstalled the Fibaro Device. Just for kicks (I meanwhile installed v2.2.1-rc3) I reincluded the dimmer and et voilà it showed up in the Z-Way GUI. So the interview still doesn't completely finish, but I can control dimming via local switches and via Z-way. Hoping that this will be fixed in the future, I will keep the setup as it is.

Just for all of you out there who think about getting a Fibaro Dimmer 2, it somehow seems to work now.

Regards,
rws
eronning

Post by eronning »

Hi. Is there any news on this issue? I am facing the exact same problem. Where can I download the release candidate to see if this fixes the problem?

Best regards,

Eivind
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hi there,

Please go to Settings->Management, then click advanced, tab "firmware update". Then don't use bullet point "update to latest" instead set "update to" to "v2.2.1-rc3" without quotations, obviously. That should work, at least it did work for me.

Greetings, rws
hribaro1

Post by hribaro1 »

PoltoS mentioned above that test will be done soon to see if anything can be done on Z-way side. Any news regarding this?
mstryd

Post by mstryd »

ridewithstyle wrote:Hi there,

Please go to Settings->Management, then click advanced, tab "firmware update". Then don't use bullet point "update to latest" instead set "update to" to "v2.2.1-rc3" without quotations, obviously. That should work, at least it did work for me.

Greetings, rws
This worked for me as well. I could get the Fibaro switch to "Interview completed" stage, even without re-inclusion by pressing "force interview" on all items in "View Interview result"
dacwe

Post by dacwe »

mstryd wrote:This worked for me as well. I could get the Fibaro switch to "Interview completed" stage, even without re-inclusion by pressing "force interview" on all items in "View Interview result"
This does not work for me. Upgraded to rc3 cannot manually complete interview. :-(
bigu1975

Post by bigu1975 »

I have as well inclusion problem for Fibaro dimmer 2 (FGD-212).
I am on rc7 z-way version.
When I am making inclusion in secure mode I am getting a lot of failed interviews (as in the first post).
When I change to unsecured this really helps but still two interview successes are missing: both for Version for instance '1' and '2'.

I wonder if there is planned any fix for that?
This problem makes this dimmer unusable because having uncompleted interview, every time z-way is restarted it completely mess this dimmer and the manual interview must be done again.

Thank you.