Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
mrnmukkas

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Post by mrnmukkas »

Before 2.2.1 my dimmers actually worked even though the interview never completed, but now I no longer see the actual dimmers, only a ton of alarms and power meters. So 2.2.1 made my dimmers useless because now all my automation with the lights is broken.
Here's the interviews:
mrnmukkas

Post by mrnmukkas »

Not really sure what happened but I tried going back through both 2.2.0 and 2.1.1 with no luck. Ended up re-including the dimmers and now they work, re-installed 2.2.1 as well. As an added bonus I was finally able to create a direct association from two of my motion sensors to the dimmers which had not worked before for whatever reason, so I guess it's a net win. :)
masque

Post by masque »

Ended up re-including the dimmers and now they work
Does that mean that the Interview is completed now as well ?
Or do they work even the Interview ist still not completed ?
regards
masque
mrnmukkas

Post by mrnmukkas »

Not quite, it works but the interview never completes:
gpdo

Post by gpdo »

I have the same problem with my Fibaro FGD212 dimmers. I currently run version 2.2.1, but I’ve never been able to finish a full interview on any of the previous versions either. This thread, which I just found and read tonight, seems to blame the problem on the Fibaro implementation. I also have a few Qubino dimmers (the new version with ZWave+) and those dimmers also have, what seems to be, the exact same problem. I have never been able to finish a full interview for them either. Isn’t it a little odd if both Qubino and Fibaro have made the same bug in their implementations? I haven’t had time to dig deeper into this problem yet, but to me it seems more logical if the problem is in the Z-Wave.me code instead. Could the problem be in Z-Wave.me after all? Why would both products be broken in the same way, products that I assume have been tested with a lot of different controllers before reaching the market?
bogr

Post by bogr »

Yes, the Qubino problem is discussed in Qubino inclusion nightmare and has the same problem with Version class - in addition to the association mess.
masque

Post by masque »

PoltoS wrote:We hope to get many of these FGD-212 soon to make more tests and check what we can do from our ide to support them.
@PoltoS: Did you had any chance to make tests ?
To have these Dimmer fully supported would really help, as this seams to be one of the rare devices that can be used in an environment where no N Line is available.
regards
Masque
vvuu

Post by vvuu »

I have Dimmer Qubino Z-Wave Plus and ZWay 2.1.1 - old version but of course - interview is not complete - for instances 1, 2, 3 I have Version command incomplete.

But generally dimmer seems to work.. I will test it next days.. I hope it will be ok..

We have tested this dimmer also on Domoticz and there it works after add XML file
masque

Post by masque »

Ok, thanks for letting know. As a summary it seems to me, that other Software can handle the dimmer correctly even it might behave oddly.
Usually this means it’s just a question of lines of code to get it working with Z-way as well.
Let us hope that the z-way team can fix it.
IZON

Post by IZON »

Nothing new on this matter?