MyQ Garage Door Opener

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
rhearob

MyQ Garage Door Opener

Post by rhearob »

Hello - I am a noob to Razberry (As in just started working with it this afternoon. I am trying to switch everything off of a SmartThings Hub and take advantage of all f the cool new features. One of the key things I want to do is to integrate Razberry with my My Q garage door opener. Chamberlain's My Q Service has a Web Service where you can get the state of each door on your account and send the desired state. This has been working for me so I really don't want to tear down the system and replace it. There is some Javascript code for managing this that has worked for me in the past here:

https://github.com/chadsmith/node-liftmaster

And I was trying to figure out how best to integrate this in to Razberry. There are functions to red the status and to change the status. I was thinking I should put the functions in custom JS Code Apps, and then create a code switch that calls the code to get the state, and toggle it based on the state.

Any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this?
amymcpherson

Re: MyQ Garage Door Opener

Post by amymcpherson »

In order to provide security to our garage we often prefer to fix garage doors and to operate on it we use garage doors opener. They are made with the smart and new technologies using various coding techniques. There are wide range of garage doors openers available. Few days back only my friend has installed new garage door opener. See here to know more about garage doors opener.
mbriney

Re: MyQ Garage Door Opener

Post by mbriney »

@rhearrob did you get any further on this? I've got the same setup as well and am interested in adding it to my Razberry.