How do you change Z-Way USB stick frequency?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Kobik

How do you change Z-Way USB stick frequency?

Post by Kobik »

Could please someone share a bit more technical details about frequency change of the Z-Wave USB stick.

I have purchased Europe version of Z-Wave.me USB stick and would like to use it here in Australia.

Since my Linux skills is not so good at the moment I thought that I could change frequency of USB stick easily enough within the web user interface of the Raspberry Pi Z-Way server. Oh boy, I was wrong. Z-Way server doesn’t detect USB stick at all and web page to change frequency is simply not available! I wish that Z-Way USB stick manual would say something about Z-Way licences requirements so I wouldn’t waste my time trying to figured out why this USB stick doesn’t work with Raspberry Z-Way server.

From what I can see, my options would be to purchase separate Z-Way licence for USB stick (if I want to use it with Raspberry Pi Z-Way server) or change frequency of USB stick with the script provided by Z-Wave.me developers.
I have no idea on how and where you suppose to run that script. Perhaps, I could try to run it if someone can tell me how to do it. How do you know that script finished successfully? How do you check that frequency of the USB stick has changed? What is actually happened on USB stick after you run this script? I wouldn't think that firmware on the USB stick will be somehow magically re-programmed.

Assuming that I have run script and successfully changed the frequency of USB stick. Can I use this “updated” Z-Way USB stick with other Z-Way controllers (HomeSeer, Vera, etc.)? Or, this script must be run with Z-Wave server only?

Thanks in advance.
PoltoS

Re: How do you change Z-Way USB stick frequency?

Post by PoltoS »

Please first make sure to update it to the latest bootloader and firmware (5.04) and the use Z-Way network control to set frequency.

Note that some UZBs are regional - have narrow RF filter and switching them will be a very bad idea!
gabrielb

Post by gabrielb »

How can I set the frequency to "unknown" ?
I want to try to set it because when i changed the frequency and updated the firmware my license got invalid.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

unknow means old f/w never reported the actual freq