Best dimmer with Razberry?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
bogr

Best dimmer with Razberry?

Post by bogr »

Hi,

I'm looking for a dimmer (with dimmable LED bulbs and power metering for energy consumption analysis), that has to work with the Razberry which is my controller (on Pi 2). I had my eyes on Fibaro FDG-212 but stubled upon viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=22236 which didn't sound too promising. Looks like the other options are Aeon and Qubino, but I just want to hear if anyone has any experience with these, and knows if they're actually working?

Cheers,
bo
PoltoS

Re: Best dimmer with Razberry?

Post by PoltoS »

FGD-211 (the previous one) was just perfect! Though it was on 3rd gen. Hope Fibaro will fix soon FGD-212 firmware.
bogr

Post by bogr »

Ok, a bit off topic but still relevant - what's the general impression and experience with Fibaro when it comes to fixing their glitches, especially when not complying to the spec?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

bogr wrote:Ok, a bit off topic but still relevant - what's the general impression and experience with Fibaro when it comes to fixing their glitches, especially when not complying to the spec?
I have tried to communicate with these guys directly, they come with endless questions, but at the end of the day you don't get a sensible answer from their back office. Must admit that I haven't tried the last 12 months. Same story with Danfoss: imperial silence.
A couple of days ago I came across a posting on Homeseer which also showed they are not very cooperative in case you want to upgrade the firmware of one of their devices. They only willing to do so if you have one of their Home Controllers. I am not a lawyer, but I think, if the Homeseer scenario is still true, that behaviour does not comply with EU regulations.