GoControl Thermostat & CO Sensor

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
randy54

GoControl Thermostat & CO Sensor

Post by randy54 »

These are the products I am referring to:
Thermostat: https://www.z-wave.com/shop-z-wave-smar ... thermostat
CO/Smoke sensor: https://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-Dete ... B00KMHXFAI

Does anyone have any experience controlling and gathering feedback from these with a Z-uno and/or the Z-way HTTP API?
I want to be able to control these with source code uploaded onto my Z-uno. The thermostat can establish a direct line to the Z-uno but the CO sensor cannot. How should I go about trying to get each of the devices to listen to the Z-uno's source code between the channels concept, association concept, and the HTTP API?
PoltoS

Re: GoControl Thermostat & CO Sensor

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Uno can listen for reports. Then you can send information to the thermostat. Unfortunatelly only Basic Set can be sent from Z-Uno to the thermostat. But with Z-Uno you can even send any command, so you can construct your Thermostat command "manually". But I've not really understood how do you want to link them all
randy54

Post by randy54 »

PoltoS wrote:
18 Jul 2019 23:46
Z-Uno can listen for reports. Then you can send information to the thermostat. Unfortunatelly only Basic Set can be sent from Z-Uno to the thermostat. But with Z-Uno you can even send any command, so you can construct your Thermostat command "manually". But I've not really understood how do you want to link them all
Sorry for the late reply! Well, how would I go about "manually" send the Thermostat into let's say either heating or cooling? I think that is what you mean by linking them, right?

Also and I'm not sure why I forgot to mention this, but my Thermostat won't complete its interview with Z-way, and one of the places it fails is in the Association group information CC. Will that be problematic in accomplishing what I am trying to do and if so, how could I get it to complete the interview?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Try to force interview. AGI CC should not be a problem.

We will make the sample code to send ThermostatMode Set(on/off) and come back to you
randy54

Post by randy54 »

PoltoS wrote:
31 Jul 2019 23:38
Try to force interview. AGI CC should not be a problem.

We will make the sample code to send ThermostatMode Set(on/off) and come back to you
Nothing happens when I try to force the interview, and okay thank you!
p0lyg0n1

Post by p0lyg0n1 »

Hi,
Unfortunately Z-Uno has no association group to control the thermostats in the last release. We can construct any command and try to send them, but the command will be denied via security subsystem. Looks we have to add new association type in the next release. We will report when this feature will be ready.

Alex.
randy54

Post by randy54 »

Ah okay, well thank you for the explanation of it. The update sounds good, looking forward to it!