Fibaro FGSD-002 smoke detector - not reporting smoke?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
intveltr

Fibaro FGSD-002 smoke detector - not reporting smoke?

Post by intveltr »

I recently installed a couple of Fibaro smoke detectors to replace the ancient Everspring ones (in general you'll want to replace smoke detectors after 10 years)

When including them, I noticed that for 5 out of 6 devices, the interview would not complete, with the Security interview incomplete (I've used Unsecure inclusion). Not the first device I've had with that issue so I just left it at that. The UI reports temperature and battery status just fine.

I noticed that neither the Z-Wave.me Smart Home interface, nor the OpenLuup backend I use for automation, pick up the alarm when I press the test button. Strangely, as soon as the test alarm stops, the time stamps for last activity on this device on both OpenLuup and Smart Home update to the current time, indication that the system does receive the "all clear" signal.

Running v3.1.4-183-g6b000d3d

Has anyone gotten these to work?
lanbrown

Re: Fibaro FGSD-002 smoke detector - not reporting smoke?

Post by lanbrown »

What does the z-way log show. There is an issue with hail cc messages. I don't know which release the bug was introduced but development knows of it and said it would be fixed in a future release. So if your devices are using the hail cc message, you will see it listed in the log and that it was ignored.