Widgets and Tasker support in Android app

This is a collection of wishes and needs for the next versions of Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Provo

Widgets and Tasker support in Android app

Post by Provo »

The Z-Way Android app is good, but what would make it really good is if you add support for Widgets, for placing devices directly on the desktop. And if you add support for Tasker, so that it registers as a Tasker plugin. Being able to generate Tasker profiles based on Z-Way device status and events, as well as easily getting and setting device status in Tasker both on and off the home wifi, would be fantastic.

(Oh, and please add an on/off button of some sort to the multilevel switches in the UI.)
PoltoS

Re: Widgets and Tasker support in Android app

Post by PoltoS »

Hi! This is planned. For now you can use an HTTP Shortcuts app. There was a white paper somewhere...

Here is my config:
Screenshot_20170929-204851.png
Screenshot_20170929-204851.png (97.92 KiB) Viewed 17950 times
Provo

Post by Provo »

Nice, are both widget support and Tasker support planned?

I actually have something halfway similar to what you're describing, only it's through Tasker (because I'm also automating the api calls) and I'm using the ZAutomation api, which in my current setup only works locally. Changing to your approach looks like it will work outside of the home wifi as well, but does it support getting values as well as setting them?

I'd appreciate a link to the white paper, if you should find it. :)
Provo

Post by Provo »

I got your approach working for turning things on and off, but how do I set for instance the level of a multilevel switch? And how do I read a device value?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can use a scene to dim lights to some specific levels. And then activate the scene
IgoriokLT

Post by IgoriokLT »

Is there any chance to add Schedule widget into Android App?
Provo

Post by Provo »

PoltoS wrote:
09 Oct 2017 01:29
You can use a scene to dim lights to some specific levels. And then activate the scene
That's true, but what about getting values?
sarahah

Post by sarahah »

IgoriokLT wrote:
12 Oct 2017 23:00
Is there any chance to add Schedule widget into Android App?
Yes you can add schedule widget in the android app with the use of alarm manager, Calendar as per your requirement. :)