What libraries would you want to use with Z-Uno?

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
A.Harrenberg

Re: What libraries would you want to use with Z-Uno?

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi,
lilfire wrote:Does DHT22 work with 2.0.6? i cant manage to get it working
I don't know about the DHT22, but a DHT11 is working fine with the 2.0.6. Took the example and just changed the type of the sensor to DHT11...

Regards,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

BH1750: http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/bh1750/

Flow meter looks like reed switch. You can use normal button polling to poll it. Once we do Interrupts in next releases, you will be able to use it.
t000ny

Post by t000ny »

Personally I would love to see the RFID reader library (AddicoreRFID.h) here being ported:
http://www.addicore.com/RFID-AddiKit-p/126.htm

Have had a quick look, there are issues with the SPI functionality it seems...

Would be nice to have the RFID card reader speaking directly to my Z-wave server. Just as a binary sensor. So I can unlock the front door (using the Z-Uno with the RFID card reader to read the RFID key fob and trigger an event to unlock the Danalock Z-Wave door lock), turn off the alarm and if need be; turn on some lights etc.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are about to post an example with RFID soon. May be not same as yours, but at least we will provide some example.

Note that Z-Uno can now directly control your Door Lock using appropriate Association Control group
t000ny

Post by t000ny »

Oh, exciting times! Really looking forward to that example. Thanks!

So I think I have to do some reading up on how to configure a association control group on the Z-Uno then. That would be great to cut out the sometimes (relatively) slow Fibaro Home Center from the loop of opening the door. If I have a scene there that needs triggering it is only checked once per minute, I think. Which is a bit of an annoyance if you are standing outside waiting for the door to unlock. :-)

Any suggestions where to start reading about this?
totoff974

Post by totoff974 »

Hello,
I love your Z-uno card. I would like to know when do you think the timers and micro() function will be integrated? In fact, I want to use the z-uno to drive infrared and nothing exists on this subject. With either the timers or the micro() function I will be able to reproduce infrared codes.
Thank you for your reply and good luck.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

timers should come in late December or mid January. We are moving toward them ;)

For IR codes we will have a special IR controller. This one will be released next week (if well tested). It supports both Learn and TX features. So you will love it ;)
schmidmi

Post by schmidmi »

IR would be very nice :)
uwerner

Post by uwerner »

Hi,
I would like to see the TFT.h lib implemented. The OLED display is too tiny. As a work around I have to use a 2nd Arduino Nano just to drive a bigger TFT display
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This lib uses SPI, it should not be hard to adopt it to use Z-Uno SPI functions.

Unfortunatelly we don't have h/w to test with.