Request - OTA Sketch Update

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
anom3

Request - OTA Sketch Update

Post by anom3 »

I read in a post on here that this was coming, but would just like to chime in:

Would be GREAT to be able to update the sketch OTA. My zuno are in my PIR, hot glued. Any sort of code change will require 30mins of work at minimum.

So yeah, +1 vote for getting this :):)

Thanks team zuno!
A.Harrenberg

Re: Request - OTA Sketch Update

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi,

haven't tried it yet, but it should already be in!

https://z-uno.z-wave.me/z-wave/ota/

Typically a press on the service button would be requiered to confirm the updated but luckily for you they allowed to write to an configuration-register to start without pressing the button. So you should (EDIT:) NOT need to open your PIR.

Regards,
Andreas.
Last edited by A.Harrenberg on 05 Oct 2016 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
anom3

Post by anom3 »

WOW!

Excellent!

I will give this a try in 2 days once additional z-uno are delivered (shop only had 2 when I placed my first order, more on the way now they have them in stock).

I would try tonight but do not want to risk having to open up the PIR, so I will wait until I have a unit outside of the PIR to test.

Thank you!!!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I confirm that in 2.0.6 you can push a new sketch to Z-Uno via OTA. Instead of using triple press you can also use a config parameter to confirm OTA process.

Just wonder why you are still not aware of this. Please unswer for our understanding.
- You are not signed up on our mailing list
- You don't read our news on the site
- The news/mailing is soo big that you dont read it
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PotoS,

reading this I also subscribed to the mailing list, but I received two identical emails to confirm the email-address. You might want to check that...

Regards,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
anom3

Post by anom3 »

Heya PoltoS.

Just FYI, was not aware because yes, I did not sign up for the newsletter. Doing that now.

Today is my 3rd day with z-uno, so I am still a bit fresh.

Thanks for the great work!
anom3

Post by anom3 »

Heya.

Thought I would chime in, I did a couple of OTA sketch updates. Worked perfectly!

You may want to add this to the faq, although its only related to razberry:

I found it helpful to tail the z-way log file and watch the fragments get sent to the z-uno. Otherwise, at least with the razberry, there is no way to know when the update is complete. It can take quite some time (3-5 minutes in my case, depending on how far the z-uno is from the razberry). Maybe there is a way to do this via the NON-expert mode of z-way, but I did it via the expert mode, where it does not show the progress of the firmware update.

Regardless, worked great!

Thanks!