How to update / contribute

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
A.Harrenberg

How to update / contribute

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

is there a process how to contribute code/patches to the project and how to update the arduino compiler if there were such changes?

I have found a bug with the BMP180 library, user michap confirm the behavior. There is a simple fix in the BMP library possible, even if we both suspect that there is an underlying problem in the wire lib causing this behaviour.

Should I open an issue in Github to describe the problem and the possible fix or how should the work flow be?

I have never worked with the arduino compiler before, so my next question is how to update the installation if such a fix was released. Will the arduino compiler check for updates on its own? I guess not, I can not find any hints that there is such updating functions. So how to update and where will updates be announced? News-section of the web page and mailing list?

Best regards,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
PoltoS

Re: How to update / contribute

Post by PoltoS »

Andreas, thanks for your contribution.

So far we are trying to track the forum almost every day. It is still worth to make issues on github to let track it.

Our team is looking on this particular problem. It looks pretty strange for us, since read16 is used for all registers and there should be no reason not to work in only one particular case. An analyser log would be cool to see. We will anyway try to reproduce the issue inhouse.

About contribution:
Z-Uno project is pretty complex. It consists of 3 different parts:
1. Z-Wave SDK + Z-Uno specific code by Z-Wave.Me + bootloader. This part is the Z-Uno firmware. We update it ourself.
2. Z-Uno Cores for Arduino. These files are included to compile the user sketch. It defines all Z-Uno specific functions as well as provide libs. All our specific and generic Arduino-like libs are here. This code is maintained by us and is hosted on github. You can contribute to it via pull requests. https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/Z-Uno-Core/
3. Z-Uno compiler and programmer. First is used to compile user code and Z-Uno Cores together, while latter is used to load the resulting binary code in the Z-Uno user space. This is also maintained by us and stored in our internal git.

Updates comes via installing new version in Arduino IDE -> Board Manager. Each new version of the Z-Uno package installed via Board Manager contains new firmware for Z-Uno (1), new core files (2) and new compiler/programmer (3). So, this is the way to update.

If you see problems in Z-Uno core files, you can alter them locally and once made stable, you can send us a diff or pull request.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

thanks for the info.
By analyzer log you mean a logik analyzer? I can try setting up my analyzer and log the two different cases.

Regards,
Andreas.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,
I have tried to make a recording with my small logic analyzer, and will continue the discussion about that in the BMP180 thread.

Regards,
Andreas.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

I have made a small library + updated example for the BH1750 luminance sensor that I put on GitHub. I have issued a pull-request, but you might want to check/adapt the library as this is my first library for the Z-Uno...

Regards,
Andreas.