Reboot board

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
joergm6

Re: Reboot board

Post by joergm6 »

I have tried all ADC0-3 (Pin3-6), always the same problem (I do not know exactly whether I tried ADC2) :D
Yes, I mean the problem with the "turn off the digital PINs 19.-22" at transmission.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

I described the problem with the pins 19-22 going to low during ZWave transmissions here. In this thread one post above, there is also another problem with the timer running at different speed described, depending on the serial communication enabled...

Would be great if you can find the root cause for this...

Regards,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The delayMicroseconds will be more accurate now. Still, we might dig further as interrupts might affect it on the hardware side.

pins 19-22 are on our list for next release, ADC too, but we have a short fix of ADC that might heal A2 pin
leriks

Post by leriks »

Hello I changed to ACD2 port and this morning I got a hang on 407 on that port to. After reeboot the reading was 45.
I think the lock up may come when the reading comes down to 407 from daytime reading around 800.
Changed to ACDC 1 and will be back tomorrow with the result.
leriks

Post by leriks »

Hello
I changed to ACD1 port and when the light went down today it hang on 407. After reboot the reading was 7.
I think the lock up may come when the reading comes down to 407 from daytime reading around 800.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

407 is the value returned by analogRead or after some math operations?
leriks

Post by leriks »

I have set a scene in my Vera + that switches of the power for the Z-uno board if the reported value is one of the freeizing ones. This eamed to solve the rpoblem. The board has now been reporting and working fine for 5 days...
So please come up with a reboot from within code!!!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Can you help us to reproduce it with some minimalistic sketch and minimal h/w? We would like to fix that asap.
michap

Post by michap »

I had today nearly same issue - a strange one.

config: sketch with I2C sensor (T/P/H) + 2 ADC inputs.
All was running about 15hours, I have a log (received via Serial0).
Then values at I2C did not changed more (freezed), but ADC values were changing.

1) tried to reset device (multiple times) - I2C values go to 0.00 (no value received), ADC values are changing
2) removed power, switched on again - all is working again.

Z-Wave part is not enabled, it is working as simple sketch only.

Interesting, what is the difference between Reset and Power on/off for Z-Uno?

Michael

(BTW: I can not be sure that there is not any interference pulse on the lines or in the air - what maybe was the reason. There was no additional capacitor on power lines... now it is... But anyway there is a difference between Reset and Power off/on)
leriks

Post by leriks »

I have setup a event running every 5 minutes on my vera. Here are the lua code snippet
local SS_SID = "urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:LightSensor1" -- from Variable Valus List
local value = tonumber( luup.variable_get (SS_SID, "CurrentLevel", 268), 10) -- from Variable Valus List
if (value == nil) then
return false
end
if (value == 404) then
return true
elseif (value == 405) then
return true
elseif (value == 406) then
return true
elseif (value == 407) then
return true
elseif (value == 408) then
return true
else
return false
end

This code reboots the zuno if it hangs. After setting this scene the device has worked fine for several days.
It would be very good to do this inside the sketch.