LUMINANCE Channel and Temp Channel Problem

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
DerLexus

LUMINANCE Channel and Temp Channel Problem

Post by DerLexus »

Hi there,

I'm running a Z-Uno with BME280/BH1750 Sensor for Temp/Hum/Pressure/Light which works quite good with Z-Way but I have 2 problems.

1) I defined the Light Channel as follows with a "word" as return for the getter. Zway shows this a percentage (the value itself seems to be lux). Is this a fault of the Z-Uno or Z-Way?

ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL(ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TYPE_LUMINANCE,
SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SCALE_LUX,
SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SIZE_TWO_BYTES,
SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_PRECISION_ZERO_DECIMALS,
getterLight)

2) Z-Way detects 5 channels instead of 4. The Temperature channel is doubled. Both channels shows the same value. Same questions here, is this a problem of the Z-Uno or Z-Way?

I use Z-Uno SDK 2.1.0 and Z-Way from 28-07-2017 12:06:03 with an Razberry.

Thank you!
Bye
DerLexus

Re: LUMINANCE Channel and Temp Channel Problem

Post by DerLexus »

OK, the Lux problem seems to be more related to include/exclude problems as written here.

viewtopic.php?f=3427&t=23887

Maybe its related to the z-uno which was included with a different sketch before. But i excluded with the current sketch multiple times because of stalled interviews. I try to reset everything again.
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

I think the Z-Uno website has answers to your questions, but I understand you might not have found them and also the explanation might not make things clear. Let my try...

https://z-uno.z-wave.me/Reference/Z-Wave/#Channels

I quote: "You can also partially control Z-Uno without using channels: first channel of each type is mapped to the corresponding Command Class outside channels."

I know, this sounds a bit cryptical. What it means is that Z-Wave has a long history, and to ensure compatibility Z-Uno creates "things for backwards compatibility". Several years ago, devices had only one function: a switch, or a motion sensor. When Z-Wave added multiple functions, they had to find a way to keep older devices functioning. The simples possible logic was "take the primary function of the device and offer this as a non-channel device". Other devices do this too. A Fibaro Double relay shows up as three switches. Two as "multichannel" = the real switches. And the third equals the first relay, for compatibility. It is related to "multichannel association". If you use associations on double relays, you might have found out that you sometimes cannot select the second relay. This means, one of the devices is too old to support multichannel, and you can only select the first function of the target device.

https://z-uno.z-wave.me/getting-started ... NotApplied

I quote: "Z-Uno will allways apply your sketch immediately after sketch upload, but number and types of channels and association groups as well as power mode will not change unless you exclude the device. Inorder to apply those changes exclude Z-Uno and include back. For development reasons only you can use special Debug configuration parameter to apply those changes «on the fly». Make sure to disable debug mode after debugging session."

I have not toyed with the "debug mode". I think it is best to cleanly exclude and include if you change channels or power mode. I very, very rarely use factory reset. But sometimes your sketch crashes the Z-Uno or puts it to sleep. You do not need factory reset to solve this problem. In case of "hangs":

https://z-uno.z-wave.me/getting-started ... Z-UnoHangs

"It happens that your sketch kills Z-Uno with some hard task (like infinite loop or too fast write to serial port or some other things we sometimes accidentally do). In that case Z-Uno becomes completely non-responsive. Hopefully there is a special Rescue mode to boot Z-Uno without running user sketch. To go into Rescue mode hold down the Service Button and then hold down the Reset button, wait for a second, release the Reset button then release the Service Button. User code will not be executed until reboot (it is not erased from Z-Uno)."

If you enter this mode, the green LED should blink. Also, in this special mode, you can include and exclude the device.

Does this help?
DerLexus

Post by DerLexus »

Thank you! That makes clear why I have 2 temperature "channels".

Unfortunatelly I could not solve the % problem with the luminance channel by excluding and including the device. I even tried a full reset of Z-Way and reinclude the device (now its the only device) but the percent still remains for the luminance.
Last edited by DerLexus on 19 Sep 2017 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

I have BH1750 but I have not yet tried it on a Z-Uno. If I find the time this week, I'll try it and find out if I get the same "%" display issue.
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

I ran a quick test to confirm your issue.

Step 1. I excluded my Z-Uno from my raspberry controller (set controller to exclusion, then 3-click B button on device).

Step 2. I downloaded and flashed this sketch:
https://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/bh1750/

Step 3. I included the Z-Uno on my Z-Way controller, running firmware version v2.3.6-rc4. The device reports in Lux. I get 39 under poor light and 1480 Lux under a spotlight, both values seem reasonable. I do not see a percentage sign.

So, unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the "percent" problem you reported in post #1.

The order of the steps I performed is important, because the sketch loaded before my test had a completely different setup.
Maybe you did not follow that order?

Or... Maybe controller firmware v2.3.6-rc4 fixes the issue, I do not know.

Can you please try again?