[solved] Wake-up time not working more?

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
michap

[solved] Wake-up time not working more?

Post by michap »

Hi,

with latest release the wakeup setting is not working more for me - somebody have same issue?

Made a sleeping device - all is ok, Z-Uno is going to sleep.

Have set via controller the sleeping to 240 seconds - all is working as expected.

Changed to 480seconds - no changes, Z-Uno will wakeup after 340 seconds.
Same for 720 seconds.
I have the confirmation in log, that command was received.

Have tested in Z-Way (here I see the right wake-up parameter in settings and the right expected wake-up time in expert view). But wakeup will be done in 240 seconds...
Same for OpenZwave.

It was working in the release before...

Any idea?

Thanks!
Michael
michap

Re: Wake-up time not working more?

Post by michap »

I have learned that the wakeup time define now only the possible time for accepting commands from controller.

The chip (Z-Uno) will wakeup by design every 240 seconds - independent of the wakeup time setting in configuration.
But he will go immediately into sleep again - if not sending out values.

So for a sensor (like temperature sensor) we must control this using a count with NZRAM.
As sample for sending out the value every 8 minutes we have to pass one ("internal") wakeup event.

Or - better using configuration parameters - and define this value here - or any additional temperature difference for reporting value.

@PoltoS: Thank you for explaining the default "internal" wakeup.

Maybe good idea would be to add any example for beginners understanding ;)

Michael
Vesuvious911

Re: [solved] Wake-up time not working more?

Post by Vesuvious911 »

Do you by chance have any kind of examples? I am working on setting my z-uno up as a temperature sensor and a door sensor and I am getting stuck on the sleeping , it doesn't want to wake up when the door sensor changes. I have been changing the sleeping modes with no luck. Any help would be great. Thanks!
michap

Re: [solved] Wake-up time not working more?

Post by michap »

@Vesuvious911: maybe it is better to open new topic - it is not related to current topic, right? ;)
More users will see it and can help.

Michael