Z-Uno - Send a MULTILEVEL_SENSOR Report to association group

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Rob

Z-Uno - Send a MULTILEVEL_SENSOR Report to association group

Post by Rob »

I'm using my Z-UNO to measure the room temperature (besides other functions).
I'd like to send the measured temperature to an Eurotronics Spirit Z valve which is located in an enclosure, so the internal temperature sensor is unable to produce correct readings.

The Spirit Z is able to receive multilevel sensor reports from an external temperature sensor. However I'm unable to trigger this report being sent from Z-UNO into an association group, as Z-UNO only supports certain commands to be sent into association groups.

Is there a workaround or maybe a undocumented feature available?
To Z-UNO developers - is this feature maybe already in the pipeline?

Thank you!
Robert
PoltoS

Re: Z-Uno - Send a MULTILEVEL_SENSOR Report to association group

Post by PoltoS »

If you add Eurotronic in the group #1 (LifeLine), it will receive all reports like controller. Z-Uno unlike other devices can host many nodes in LifeLine group. If Eurotronic will ignore all reports but sensor multilevel (temperature), your task will be solved. Every time you see a new value in the controller, it will also be sent to the Eurotronic.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thank you for the hint.
aleconakad

Post by aleconakad »

Hi Rob,

did you try this approach? Did it work?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Hi,
yes, I have tried it and most likely it would work as long as no other reports are being sent by your z-uno - which was not the case for me as I also had other sensors implemented on my z-uno. In my case it did not work.
In the meantime I have switched to a more old-fashioned solution, which now works perfectly: I have desoldered the NTC in the Eurotronics head, soldered leads instead of it and now I'm able to place the NTC wherever I want (and I'm able to bring the cable).