Fibaro Dimmer 2 association to control the z uno

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Hillie

Fibaro Dimmer 2 association to control the z uno

Post by Hillie » 15 Nov 2018 14:41

Hello,

I am new to the z-uno and I have managed to include the z-uno with a VeraPlus controller. I have build and loaded the Simple Dimmer example.
In the Vera UI I can control the z uno using the slider. It works nicely.

Now, I want to use a Fibaro Dimmer 2 to do the same. The dimmer needs to send its values to the z-uno directly.

I have been reading the information on the z-uno site and this forum, but I cannot find information or examples about sending commands from a dimmer to the z-uno. The ZUNO_SETUP_ASSOCIATIONS() macro is used for sending commands from the z-uno to z-wave devices directly. I want to do the opposite.

How can I setup the z-wave network and program the z-uno to receive data (0-99) from a Fibaro Dimmer 2 using associations?

PS. BTW I can associate two Fibaro dimmers in Vera, and it works. I use Group 3 on one dimmer and I assigned the other dimmer in the group. It works. I could setup the opposite association as well, but that is not needed.

aleconakad

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 association to control the z uno

Post by aleconakad » 22 Nov 2018 14:43

Hi,

try to associate the SWITCH_MULTILEVEL node of Zuno to Group2 instead of group 3 in Fibaro Dimmer. I assume that it should be able to react to basic command class functions. (if Z-UNO implements SWITCH_MULTILEVEL V3, than according to Z-Wave specs it should also support the BASIC CC)

Otherwise there might be an issue with Vera and how it handles the association between the devices (depending on the SWITCH_MULTILEVEL CC versions implemented in both Fibaro and Z-Uno, and if Vera can handle them).

Another possibility, use the BASIC Command Class in your sketch instead of SWITCH_MULTILEVEL. This will work for sure. Just change the line in your sketch from:
ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getter, setter));
to
ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getter, setter));

Exclude than re-include. Associate to Group2 of the Fibaro dimmer.

Hope this helps.

Hillie

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 association to control the z uno

Post by Hillie » 11 Dec 2018 19:05

Hi,

I have tried a Fibaro Dimmer 1 and it worked on channel 1. Then I used the Fibaro Dimmer 2 and I read the manual once more. I've got it to work on group 3, but but .. I had to programming channel 1 AND channel 2: thus, I had to use

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getter1, setter1),
ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getter2, setter2));

By coincidence I discovered that I had to use two channels instead of one channel. One channel did not work. Kind of weird.

The only problem I am experiencing is that the association is not very fast....call it slow.