Fibaro Dimmer 2 association to control the z uno

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Hillie

Fibaro Dimmer 2 association to control the z uno

Post by Hillie »

Hello,

I am new to the z-uno and I have managed to include the z-uno with a VeraPlus controller. I have build and loaded the Simple Dimmer example.
In the Vera UI I can control the z uno using the slider. It works nicely.

Now, I want to use a Fibaro Dimmer 2 to do the same. The dimmer needs to send its values to the z-uno directly.

I have been reading the information on the z-uno site and this forum, but I cannot find information or examples about sending commands from a dimmer to the z-uno. The ZUNO_SETUP_ASSOCIATIONS() macro is used for sending commands from the z-uno to z-wave devices directly. I want to do the opposite.

How can I setup the z-wave network and program the z-uno to receive data (0-99) from a Fibaro Dimmer 2 using associations?

PS. BTW I can associate two Fibaro dimmers in Vera, and it works. I use Group 3 on one dimmer and I assigned the other dimmer in the group. It works. I could setup the opposite association as well, but that is not needed.
aleconakad

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 association to control the z uno

Post by aleconakad »

Hi,

try to associate the SWITCH_MULTILEVEL node of Zuno to Group2 instead of group 3 in Fibaro Dimmer. I assume that it should be able to react to basic command class functions. (if Z-UNO implements SWITCH_MULTILEVEL V3, than according to Z-Wave specs it should also support the BASIC CC)

Otherwise there might be an issue with Vera and how it handles the association between the devices (depending on the SWITCH_MULTILEVEL CC versions implemented in both Fibaro and Z-Uno, and if Vera can handle them).

Another possibility, use the BASIC Command Class in your sketch instead of SWITCH_MULTILEVEL. This will work for sure. Just change the line in your sketch from:
ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getter, setter));
to
ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getter, setter));

Exclude than re-include. Associate to Group2 of the Fibaro dimmer.

Hope this helps.
Hillie

Post by Hillie »

Hi,

I have tried a Fibaro Dimmer 1 and it worked on channel 1. Then I used the Fibaro Dimmer 2 and I read the manual once more. I've got it to work on group 3, but but .. I had to programming channel 1 AND channel 2: thus, I had to use

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getter1, setter1),
ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getter2, setter2));

By coincidence I discovered that I had to use two channels instead of one channel. One channel did not work. Kind of weird.

The only problem I am experiencing is that the association is not very fast....call it slow.
Hillie

Post by Hillie »

I have update my z-uno to the latest bootloader (2.1.7) and I am using SimpleDimmer. I try to associate my Fibaro Dimmer 2 to the z-uno but it doesn't work.

The z-uno id is #227 and the AssociationSet/AssociationGet variables of the dimmer are set to "3, 227.2" in Vera. The Fibaro uses group 3 for dimmer values. The z-uno code uses

The lifeline is 1 and the multilevel channel is 2, that's why 227.2. The slider of z-uno in Vera works, but the z-uno doesn't receive anything from the dimmer.

Please, can anyone help?
Hillie

Post by Hillie »

When I use

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterLED, setterLED),
ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getter, setter));

then Vera only sees the z-uno as a switch and does not add a dimmer slider.

Is version 2.1.7 buggy?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is because for two such channels Z-Uno will make no channels, but only non-channeled. You can use ZUNO_DISABLE(NO_MULTIBINARY_SWITCH0);

Please check: https://z-uno.z-wave.me/news/2019/06/ne ... lease-215/

Do not follow the new channel mapping to channel 0: if both Switch binary and Switch Multilevel are only present outside of channels some controllers (like Fibaro Home Center) will show only Switch Multilevel. To solve this use macro ZUNO_DISABLE(NO_MULTIBINARY_SWITCH0);
Hillie

Post by Hillie »

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I try to understand this, because the examples do not explain this.
So, does ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS() channel to 0 and not to channel 2? Channel 1 is the lifeline, right?

When I look at the SimpleDimmer example its shows

Is the ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL at channel 0 now?
Hillie

Post by Hillie »

I have used ZUNO_DISABLE(NO_MULTIBINARY_SWITCH0) after

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterLED, setterLED),
ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL(getter, setter));

Now, Vera only sees the ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY and not the ZUNO_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL. I cannot find an explanation that tells how to setup the channels.

However,

without ZUNO_DISABLE() does work. But the association with the Fibaro Dimmer fails.
Hillie

Post by Hillie »

Is there a solution? I cannot continue and my customers are waiting.

Regards,
Gerald.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The ZUNO_DISABLE(NO_MULTIBINARY_SWITCH0) alters the mapping of Switch Binary and Switch Multilevel on channel 0. Without it both would be in channel 0, with it only the FIRST will be there. So you can then change the order for channels to select which to have in channel 0.

Also note that Lifeline is about associations and not about channels