Z-Uno: Trying to send Multi-level sensor report to Eurotronic Spirit TRV

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
morgano1

Z-Uno: Trying to send Multi-level sensor report to Eurotronic Spirit TRV

Post by morgano1 » 31 Dec 2018 03:05

I have just started with Z-Uno, although I have been using Z-wave for some time.

I am trying to achieve quite a simple task, but I am having trouble, and I suspect that it may not be possible at the moment with the Z-Uno.

I would like to connect a temperature sensor to the Z-Uno (e.g. DS18B20) and send the temperature reports from this to a Eurotronic Spirit TRV i.e. use the Z-Uno as an external temperature provider for the Spirit.

The Spirit can be configured to accept multi-level sensor reports by Association (rather than using its own internal sensor), although these cannot be 'endpoint encapsulated'.

As far as I can see in the docs, there doesn't appear to be a method for sending multilevel sensor messages by Association (only on/off, or dimmer commands).

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, if this is not available as a 'high-level' option, is it possible to send raw data to an address? I know the sequence of bytes that I need to send in the message, but there does not appear to be a 'raw data send' type of command either.

Any comments/observations/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

PoltoS

Re: Z-Uno: Trying to send Multi-level sensor report to Eurotronic Spirit TRV

Post by PoltoS » 01 Jan 2019 13:03

You need to set up simple Association (group #1) to Eurotronic. This will produce simple (non-channaled) reports.