Z-Uno not sending anymore when controller is down for several hours

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
antonio_sen

Z-Uno not sending anymore when controller is down for several hours

Post by antonio_sen »

Hi, I have a Z-Uno configured in ZUNO_SLEEPING_MODE_ALWAYS_AWAKE mode. It is installed in a location that sometimes the controller is unplugged for some hours. When the controller is plugged again, the rest of nodes are able to send information to the network, but for some reason, the Z-Uno is not sending or receiving until a reset to it is done. This behaviour does not occur when the controller is unplugged for a shorter lapse of time, like 20-30 minutes.

Am I missing any specific function? or the Reset() function is proper for awaking the device again?

Thanks
p0lyg0n1

Re: Z-Uno not sending anymore when controller is down for several hours

Post by p0lyg0n1 »

Hi,
It sounds strange. Could you check that device is working when the controller goes down. Check that the green led is blinking. It means that device goes to the event loop continiously.
What version of core-files do you use?
To undestand what the reason of the problem you can enable logging of system events. In the latest cores (from 2.1.5) you can enable logging by means of adding this code at the begging of your sketch:

Code: Select all

ZUNO_ENABLE(LOGGING_EVENTS LOGGING_UART=Serial LOGGING_DBG);
This turns on logging of the system events and application packets to the Serial. Just open the terminal of the IDE and you have to see events/errors/incoming/outgoing packets.
The log contains messages in this format:
TTTT: EE PP
TTTT - time from the start (reset) of Z-Uno in milliseconds,
EE - hexadecimal event code. You can find the full list of system events here https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/Z-Uno-Core ... initions.h, see the ZUNO_LOGGING_EVENT_* enum.
PP - parameter of the event.
The most important events are A0 = STACKOVERFLOW and C0 = QUEUE_OVERLOAD.
It may happens because of your code. Please stay me informed. Good luck.

Alex.