I CANNOT SEE TEMPERATURES HIGHER THAN 125 ºcº ON MULTILEVEL CHANNEL HC1 HC3 FIBARO CONTROLLER

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Manurev

Re: I CANNOT SEE TEMPERATURES HIGHER THAN 125 ºcº ON MULTILEVEL CHANNEL HC1 HC3 FIBARO CONTROLLER

Post by Manurev »

Hello PoltoS. I'm Manurev, the same one from Gitub, from conversation #124.
This was one of the first codes that I published in the forum, as an example, it is true that there seems to be an error in the aforementioned name. But I made many changes, and everything was corrected, to be able to offer you the correct results in the forum. And I've tried all kinds of variables, and size and precision. As we have mentioned, the Z1 sends values for example 220, and they are seen in the transmitted packet, but Fibaro does not interpret it correctly, and only reaches "125". It doesn't even get to 125.1 or 126, or 127.
In any case, I have the doubt that a byte in size has been left, or something recorded in the memory of Z1, Eprom or something and I must do a special reset, I'm not sure.
Anyway, I have sent the problem to Fibaro technical support, and to his forum as well. Let's see if they answer me.
Meanwhile if something occurs to you!!!
Very grateful for your collaborations, especially to PoltoS, for the interest shown, for my problem for a few weeks now.
Greetings.
Manurev

Re: I CANNOT SEE TEMPERATURES HIGHER THAN 125 ºcº ON MULTILEVEL CHANNEL HC1 HC3 FIBARO CONTROLLER

Post by Manurev »

Hello,
yves
I already did the test again, as you said, with value 0 to 200
but it never goes over 125. It doesn't even reach 127, which would be logical.
Greetings
yves

Post by yves »

Hi Manurev ,
Late answer...

End of the day, whatever effort you will do, with HC3, Hcx and any other Z-Wave controler, you will be only able to send from controler to Zwave devices values in range 0--99 using SWITCH_MULTILEVEL type (ie dimer like) with a resolution of 1; ie: it is a percentage.

From the Zwave device to the controler (HCx...) it is more 'open': you may send values that fits into 32 bits ie (4 000 000 000 and a little bit more ;) ) using a SENSOR_MULTILEVEL type.

SWITCH_MULTILEVEL are bidirectionnal devices, but SENSOR_MULTILEVEL are only from the Z-UNO to the controler...

That is a great limitation, not because of Z-uno design but because of ZWave protocol itself....

Regards,