Duwi Z-Wave Wall Controller DUW_064435

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
rschrod

Duwi Z-Wave Wall Controller DUW_064435

Post by rschrod »

Hi,

how do I associate a Duwi Wall Controller with the Z-Way Software.
I managed to add the Wall controller the network which is hosted by a Aeon Labs USB Adapter and I can see the Wall controller. But I'm not able to receive any message at the Aeon Labs when I press a button.

Thanks in advance

Rolf

PoltoS

There is no way to do it!

Post by PoltoS »

Unfortunately Duwi Wall Controller does not accept associations to any static controller including PC gateways. It can only be associated to slave devices (switches, dimmers, ...) or to virtual slave (hosted on PC gateway). But virtual slaves are not supported by AeonLabs USB dongle.Same with Duwi Remote Controller.But very soon we will submit to certification our new Z-Wave.Me wall controller based on the Wall Controller hardware. It can not only accept associations to gateways, but also have all features of Z-Wave.Me devices: second group for double click, a lot of configuration parameters and in near future Security Command Class.
rschrod

Hi,

Post by rschrod »

Hi,

thanks for the reply, even if it was not possitive.
Would the following USB Stick support the virtual slave hosted on an PC Gateway and therefore the association with the Düwi Wall Controller.

"Z-Wave USB Stick with enhanced firmware" from zwaveeurope (http://store.zwaveeurope.com/product_in ... s_id=12231)

Thanks in advance

Rolf
PoltoS

No, it does not

Post by PoltoS »

To use virtual slaves one have to use Bridge stick. There are no such on the market except for Seluxit devices. And it is not really a good idea doing it that way. We suggest you to wait less than one month to get new version of Wall Controller with support of association with any PC gateway.
Soepkip

Is there any way to update

Post by Soepkip »

Is there any way to update (change) the firmware of Z-wave devices such as the Duwi controller?
(I.E. how did you modify the Duwi controller... can it be flash over the air?)
PoltoS

No, it can't

Post by PoltoS »

Since current firmware do not support it. And there is no enough memory to do it anyway on that hardware.

By the way, our Z-Wave.Me Wall Controller are already on the market and you can buy them in your preferred Z-Wave shop!