Network Wide Inclusion and Razberry

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Inco

Network Wide Inclusion and Razberry

Post by Inco »

Dear all,

I was wondering whether Razberry would support network wide inclusion (i.e. automatic reactive device joining on power up). I could not find any reference to this in the API documentation.

Thanks for your help :)

pz1

Afaik automatic inclusion of

Post by pz1 »

Afaik automatic inclusion of all Z-wave devices does not exist. There is some software that can automatically discover and configure devices that have been bound (Included) to a controller device before. Openremote is an example which has a very limited subset of devices that can be discovered and configured.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
Inco

In the latest versions of Z

Post by Inco »

In the latest versions of Z-wave (afaik v4.5 and higher) you have the network wide inclusion whereby when you power up the device an explorer frame is sent from the device to the controller automatically to request inclusion (no manual intervention other than powering the device up is required).

An example of z-wave device that has this feature: WaterCop Z-Wave

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 7494,d.dmg
pz1

Thanks for the link.

Post by pz1 »

Thanks for the link.
The Zensys documentation http://support.zen-sys.com/modules/iaCM ... f715030afe :
11 NETWORK-WIDE INCLUSION EXAMPLE page 36 and further suggests that some manual actions are still required. At least to set the controller in inclusion mode. It looks indeed that some devices don't need to have the inclusion button pushed, but are automatically in inclusion mode at a 'reset' start-up.
I do not know if Razzberry supports this. Z-Cloud does have a mode in which new devices can be included on the spot where they are to be used. I 've done that several times using my portable. I do not have any of these auto-include devices, so I can't tell.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
Inco

Thanks for that, page 28 says

Post by Inco »

Thanks for that, page 28 says: "V4.50 nodes may also be included via any inclusion controller in the network. In addition, the user may activate network-wide inclusion in the central controller, e.g. via a web page. In this mode, v4.50 nodes may be included from anywhere in the network without any interaction with the controller"

So it seems that yes at least you need to activate this option. Has anyone tried auto-inclusion with RaZberry?
PoltoS

RaZberry software includes

Post by PoltoS »

RaZberry software includes all devices in NWI mode, so you can benifit of this function!