List of recommended sensors - Help

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
nor7992

List of recommended sensors - Help

Post by nor7992 »

I need to know devices that work well with raspberry and using Domotic Raspberry Z-Wave LAN interface

Can you can recommend me devices that operating smoothly, without problems?. I need
A temperature sensor
A motion sensor
A sensor that detects door opening

Another question, do you recommend using Aeotec Z-Stick Series 2 or Razberry in a Raspberry
pz1

Re: List of recommended sensors - Help

Post by pz1 »

If you want to use Z-Way software on Raspberry Pi, the Aeon stick won't work.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
nor7992

Post by nor7992 »

Pz1, I dont like Z-Way software. The Aeon stick which software use?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I have no experience with other software except for OpenRemote. OpenRemote still does not have a decent Z-Wave support. That is why I Z-Way as a gateway within OpenRemote. This is not ideal either, mostly because I can't push status changes to the OpenRemote Rest interface (limitation is at the OR side)

So I suggest you either buy a complete system or search with google "z wave software free"
jayce

Post by jayce »

There is a new good opensource software called jeedom : https://jeedom.fr/index-en.php
nor7992

Post by nor7992 »

pz1 wrote:I have no experience with other software except for OpenRemote. OpenRemote still does not have a decent Z-Wave support. That is why I Z-Way as a gateway within OpenRemote. This is not ideal either, mostly because I can't push status changes to the OpenRemote Rest interface (limitation is at the OR side)

So I suggest you either buy a complete system or search with google "z wave software free"
Thanks for your reply, I'm starting in home automation and a priori then tried various, the software that I like is Domoticz, I also like openHAB. Can you give me any recommendations for sensor?
I need Z-Wave:

A temperature sensor
A motion sensor
nor7992

Post by nor7992 »

jayce wrote:There is a new good opensource software called jeedom : https://jeedom.fr/index-en.php
Thanks I'll check, does your have tested this software?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

nor7992 wrote:
pz1 wrote: Can you give me any recommendations for sensor?
I need Z-Wave:

A temperature sensor
A motion sensor
I only have some experience with the Fibaro universal sensor FGBS001, which has two binary inputs, and the option to connect up to 4 external temperature sensors. The device goes for some 40 EUR. You have to shop around for the DS18B20 sensors. I have seen prices from EUR 3.95 til over 9 EUR. Wiring to these sensors is a bit critical. If you use twisted pair, the data line and the power line should use the same pair. I have written about that elsewhere on this forum.
If you don't mind to have a wire to your doors, the binary inputs of the fibaro universal sensor can take care of that. I do use a reed switch + magnet to detect if my sunshades are in their docking position. (ref http://www.openremote.org/x/1QtdAQ)
jayce

Post by jayce »

Yes i use this software daily since 2 month ago.
It's works good, the community is important, the software also.
It's also under developpement.
Give a try.
nor7992

Post by nor7992 »

jayce wrote:Yes i use this software daily since 2 month ago.
It's works good, the community is important, the software also.
It's also under developpement.
Give a try.
I've started testing this afternoon, which I have seen I liked. Reminds me Domoticz