License infrastructure UZB firmware update

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
mamatdv

License infrastructure UZB firmware update

Post by mamatdv »

Hi team.
Have you got an aproximative date of arrrival for license point of sale ?
pofs

Re: License infrastructure UZB firmware update

Post by pofs »

Seems it is delayed a bit because of CeBIT.
mamatdv

Post by mamatdv »

Waiting become long ...
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Haven't heard anything about it either. Their site says:
Here you will find quite soon a lost of Point of Sales where you can obtain licensing keys to upgrade UZB
So I assume local vendors are going to sell these licences via their sites. You could ask the shop where you bought your UZB1 if they can provide it.
mamatdv

Post by mamatdv »

I asked my vendor and i'm waiting for an answer.
But, now I think that zwave.me don't buy this licence and if it's possible I want a team answer.

I remind me that license upgrade should be finished at the end of January. It's quite long.

I become impatient because of my razberry which have lot of error like :

Code: Select all

[2015-03-25 06:35:17.972] [E] [zway] Error returned from _zway_cc_call_handler(zway, command, controller->id, 0, data[4], &data[5]): Not implemented by the library (-3)
[2015-03-25 06:36:03.833] [E] [zway] SendData callback Id is invalid: 0x2a! Probably too late
[2015-03-25 06:37:51.174] [E] [zway] Error returned from zdata_set_integer(zassert(_zdata_find(scale, "delta")), data[4+size] * 0xff + data[5+size]): Bad arguments (-1)
[2015-03-25 06:37:51.174] [E] [zway] Error returned from zdata_set_integer(zassert(_zdata_find(scale, "ratetype")), rt): Bad arguments (-1)
[2015-03-25 06:46:26.869] [E] [zway] Error returned from _zway_cc_call_handler(zway, command, controller->id, 0, data[4], &data[5]): Wrong packet from Z-Wave network or Discovery got bad data (stick communication failed) (-9)
I have about 1700 errors by day, zwave network which are very slow and lot of devices which become inaccessible.
ysontoulesfreins

Post by ysontoulesfreins »

@mamatdv : Not sure that the UZB1 will solve problem you describe with your logs, which seems more to me device related. Or maybe razberry hardware issue with hardware platform. Are you using Razberry directly connected on a raspberry (on gpio), or are you using some kind of transceiver (like an usb <=> uart converter ) for your rasberry (which would not be a supported way of using Razberry + z-way-server) ?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

mamatdv wrote:I asked my vendor and i'm waiting for an answer.
In the meantime I was informed that resellers can already order UZB1+ license, or separate licences at the distributor zwaveeurope.com. Resellers will be informed tomorrow. So from then it is up to them how fast you can get it.
Non-commercial entities can not order directly from ZwaveEurope!
sja

Post by sja »

It costs nearly 60€! Whats the benefit of this? I can buy a RaZberry daughter board for the same price and I have hatdware _and_ software. Is there any advantage of an upgraded UZB Stick?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

sja wrote: Is there any advantage of an upgraded UZB Stick?
Yes, if you want to use it on other harware than Pi and a few compatibles
sja

Post by sja »

And a few compatibles means that its more compatible on the z-wave side or compatible to other software than zway, like openHAB?