[Solved] My first system

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
cpighin

Re: My first system

Post by cpighin »

Thanks SolarFlor :)

I still have not solved the issue and I'd like to know where the files of LogicalRules are written (I would try to intervene directly on the file). I saw into directory /opt/z-way-server/automation/modules/LogicalRules but i did not find my settings ;)

For those who want help me may be interesting to note that I see following warnings on my HA UI
What they mean? What should I do?

And may be useful also the following image that shows the lackness of text in fields Title and Description. I'm sure of having filled them and to have pressed the Save button. Why are they empty now ?

With regard to the configuration parameters of the Motion Sensor, unfortunately I was not able to produce a list similar to yours; I get it a lot longer. How did you do?

Claudio :)
pz1

Post by pz1 »

cpighin wrote: (I would try to intervene directly on the file)
In principle that is a very bad idea. Moreover such a file does not exist. The rule and many other things are stored in file /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage/configjson-xxxxxxxx.json. It is very easy to corrupt that file.
With a JSON viewer you can get a somewhat more condensed view of your automation objects like this ScheduleScene example from my system:
Attachments
jsonview.PNG
jsonview.PNG (5.7 KiB) Viewed 10432 times
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

:) After a few days of absence at home, I started to take care of RaZberry again.
First I tried unsuccessfully to cancel the three warnings that I saw in the Homepage of Home Automation UI:
Warning 1)
Type: core
Timestamp: 14/04/15-16:22
Can not init module LogicalRules: TypeError: Cannot read property 'device' of undefined
Warning 2)
Timestamp: 14/04/15-17:10
Can not create vDev based on 2-0-48: TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined
Warning 3)
Timestamp: 14/04/15-20:17
Can not create vDev based on 2-0-48: TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined
I then removed the two Logical Rules (see post viewtopic.php?p=56137#p56137) one by one to observe the effects and with the intention to recreate them more carefully.
Following the two removals I have not noticed any change in the warnings window, even after having stopped and restarted the server z-way and even after a restart of the raspberry itself. Before proceeding to other actions, I decided to ask you experts of the forum how to proceed to solve/eliminate the mentioned warnings.

cpighin

Post by cpighin »

:) I just spoke with Dolam who informed me that in HA UI the warnings remain visible, even if their cause is ceased, for a software bug that poltos is trying to solve.
I ask poltos a confirmation of this and if it is possible to intervene on the configuration file to avoid displaying obsolete warnings.

cpighin

Post by cpighin »

:D Eventually I managed to set fine 2 LogicalRules and I-m going to explain how I did it, for the benefit of those with little experience like me.

I recreated the LogocalRule Light ON, using the instructions in post viewtopic.php?p=56129#p56129 (Preferences> Modules> Automation> LogicalRules)

The settings used in the module can be seen in the following image:
SchermataTurnON.jpg
SchermataTurnON.jpg (47.2 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
I tried running the LogicalRule, getting dark in the room and walking in front of the sensor, and I found that the rule was not applied (the lamp was turned on, but turned off after 30 seconds). After several attempts, I realized that the rule could not be applied in the presence of a contemporary instruction of the Association sensor/switch, prevailing for system setting. The situation of associations was as follows:
SchermataAssociations1.png
SchermataAssociations1.png (67.86 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
I removed the 2 associations sensor/switch using the interface Expert UI > Device> Active associations> Change.
Then I clicked on Save into Device, and I get the warning
Worning1.png
Worning1.png (11.28 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
See next post for the other steps :)
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

I noticed a small spinning wheel next to button "Update from Device", I clicked on the OK button in the small panel and, after a few seconds, I noticed the updating of the configuration as follows:
SchermataAssociation2.png
SchermataAssociation2.png (62.7 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
I verified that it was not generated a new warning in HA UI and I tested the removal of the 2 associations by moving by the sensor without causing a lighting of the lamp.

I darkened the room and tried to pass by the sensor without getting the lighting of the lamp, however, I noted that the Lux value was stable in HA UI even in dark condition.

This depended upon the slowness of the luminescence value updating. To set a more frequent updating I have modified and saved the parameter No. 42 - ILLUMINATION REPORTS INTERVAL from 0 to 10 sec. (Old UI Expert> Device Configuration) and I noticed frequent updates of Lux data, and consequently a more ready behavior of the system when I moved in front of the sensor.

I recreated the LogocalRule Light OFF, as shown in the image:
SchermataTurnOFF.png
SchermataTurnOFF.png (44.37 KiB) Viewed 10350 times
I tested the operations of the 2 rules and verified that the lamp was turning On for 30 seconds with lux > 20 and if the sensor perceived a movement and was turning Off in the absence of movement or with lux > 100.

I tested the system behavior with my Rasberry switched off and verified that the 2 LogicalRules were not operational, obviously, while would be operational the association sensor/switch if configured ;)

With my Raspberry turned On I was able to "manually" turn on the switch/lamp for only 1 sec, using any interface, as a result of the prevailing instractions of LogicalRules!

No one new warning was shown in HA UI ;)

SolarFlor

Re: [Solved] My first system

Post by SolarFlor »

well done
dolam

Post by dolam »

Questa discussione è molto interessante e sarebbe utile a tante persone , ma credo si dovrebbe fare anche in Italiano, altrimenti il nostro forum rischia di scomparire ed invece sarebbe tanto utile anche ad altri che, come me, masticano poco l'inglese.
cpighin

Post by cpighin »

dolam wrote:Questa discussione è molto interessante e sarebbe utile a tante persone , ma credo si dovrebbe fare anche in Italiano, altrimenti il nostro forum rischia di scomparire ed invece sarebbe tanto utile anche ad altri che, come me, masticano poco l'inglese.
Stai suggerendo di tradurla in italiano e di postarla anche nella relativa sezione?

Are you suggesting to traslate this topic in Italian and to post it in the Italian Section?

ilcato

Post by ilcato »

With the attached module you can turn off the light automatically if there's no movement after a predefined amount of time.

Andrea
Attachments
AutoOffSmart.zip
The module
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 314 times