FGD-212 Reset Alarm

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
petergebruers

FGD-212 Reset Alarm

Post by petergebruers »

I have been running a RaZberry for some months now, so I'm new to this. Please excuse me if this turns out to be a noob question. I am not new to Z-Wave, I've been running a Fibaro HC2 with 80 devices for almost 3 years.

I was testing the new Fibaro Dimmer, aka "Dimmer 2" on RaZ v2.1.2-rc2 and I noticed it can do something a HC2 cannot do (but will be able to do some day): the display of the different alarms like "Power Management" (e.g. over current) and "Heat".

As I understand from browsing this forum and others, it's rather typical "Fibaro style" to send an alarm, but not to sent an alarm cancellation. Correct me if I am wrong.

So here's the question: how can I reset these alarms? I would like to do this, because I am testing the device with different loads and I would like to clearly detect what it is sending. For fun and pleasure... and also for science ;-)

As a workaround, I guess I could filter the server log on the raspberry.

This is a some what related question (with no answers):

viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=21981

Thanks!
PoltoS

Re: FGD-212 Reset Alarm

Post by PoltoS »

You can check in the log how it is set and change that value using Z-Way API like:
/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[xxx].Alarm.data.xxxxxx = 0
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

Thanks. I almost understand. ;-) It's the xxxx part and the "=" I'm having difficulties with...

If I type this URL:

http://192.168.0.52:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/d ... Alarm.data["9"].status

I get "255" so I assume I'm looking at the right object.

What would the URL look like to reset it?
pofs

Post by pofs »

petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

Thanks guys. I've made some progress. I have a better understanding of the api and the data model now. So good url's to reset one of the many alarms are:

/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[12].instances[1].Alarm.data[4].status=0

or

/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[12].instances[0].commandClasses[113].data[4].status=0

As I enter these URL, I find in the z-way log that status=0 gets accepted, that the RaZberry starts a "Job 0x13 (Alarm Get (v3)): success" and then:

SETDATA devices.12.instances.1.commandClasses.113.data.9.status = 255

I assume that this information comes from the device. And the alarm doesn't reset.

At the moment, I have no further questions. I need to do more testing and I also need to get my hands dirty with this alarms stuff, maybe by testing other types of modules.
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

I have an update from Fibaro...According to:
http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/750
The device supports Alarm Version 5. It uses events (notifications) to signal alarms (I'm not a Z-Wave developer, I hope I'm using the right expressions here). The module uses push mode and is not accepting changing them so the alarms will be always ON. These notifications are not canceled (the module does not send4-0, 8-0, 9-0)
I think V5 is not implemented right now, or not in this way, because that would explain why it isn't working. Correct me if I am wrong!