iOS9 and Homekit

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
mpdifran

Re: iOS9 and Homekit

Post by mpdifran »

Do I need to do anything else (other than copy the new HomeKitGate Module folder to the right location) in order to update the HomeKitGate app? I've updated to de2b4e4ed83bf40a648d0957752fc0c69a2154fe and I don't seem to see any change in behaviour.

I'm having the same issue where my Z-Wave devices are not reachable after a few hours of adding them in HomeKit.
vga

Post by vga »

I´ve updated to rc5-internal and now, (my last setup, with only two included accessories, which worked with the last development branch) stopped working again. Pairing the HomeKit App with razberry again ends in "paring failed" as befor.
anyhow, it looks like even more accessories doens´t work with HomeKit, so it´s no longer useful for HomeKit for me.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a way to get some more accessories working again?
rhearob

Post by rhearob »

I am having the same problem - I get the house set up in HomeKit, and then within a few hours it tells me that the devices are unreachable. I have to add them again, and then within two hours - blam-o unreachable. There seems to be no way of waking the connection back up.

I have pulled the latest version of the HomeKit gate from GitHub and put that on my server with no effect. A few things I have noticed that also render HK painful:

1. Every device of a certain device type has the same UUID.
2. All Devices go into HK with the device type as the service name. That really screws SIRI up when you try to use her to toggle devices.
3. There needs to be an easier way t either hard code the PIN or display it. Having to tail the log every time is sad.

I don't know if 1 and 2 are causing issues. We should generate UUIDs when we create the devices and allow those to follow the item through its life.
mpdifran

Post by mpdifran »

I've made a PR for implementing #2. Instead of hard coding the service names to "Binary Switch" etc, the name of the device in the portal is used, and the accessory's name is the service name + "Accessory". I'll look into solving #1 next, although it might take me longer (due to unfamiliarity with the code base).

The main thing I'd like to solve is the unreachability after ~1-2 hours of setting up the HomeKit Gate.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please try rc17. We have changed quite a lot in HK, so may be your pull request will require a merge first
Emilp

Post by Emilp »

I now upgraded but this time it gives me an error saying "Too Low. The requested change is lower than the lowest possible option."
I remember having issue saying "Too High" on older version.
leonmf

Post by leonmf »

I just upgraded to rc17 and the razberry no longer appears as an accessory to add in HK. I went to /opt/z-way-server/automation/storage and deleted RaZberry-a5f9fbc303b7d5d74f99c840f738b01f.json then rebooted the device and I still don't see it.

What can I do to debug here?

Thanks!
mpdifran

Post by mpdifran »

PoltoS wrote:Please try rc17. We have changed quite a lot in HK, so may be your pull request will require a merge first
I've rebased my changes off of the new_release_candidate branch:

https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-autom ... _candidate

That is the most active branch I could find.

On another note, I see other members saying they've updated to 2.1.2 rc17 here and in other threads; is there a way to update outside of cloning the git repo and manually copying the HomeKitGate module to the correct location?
leonmf

Post by leonmf »

I reverted back to RC2 and still don't see my razberry in the homekit accessories. I'll check back after next RC unless there are suggestions in the meantime.
PLin

Post by PLin »

I just got my Raspberry Pi and RaZberry daughter card yesterday hoping to get my Z-Wave devices working with HomeKit. Since I was starting from scratch, I figured it would be easiest to download the complete SD card image at http://razberry.z-wave.me/z-way-server/razberry.img.zip. It looks like the image was just updated yesterday and came with 2.1.2rc17. After adding the HomeKit Gate app, my pairing kept failing despite all the troubleshooting steps in the thread. I did notice that pairing was successful if I deactivate the Z-Wave Network Access app, but that obviously defeats the purpose of using the RaZberry. I plan on doing a fresh Raspberry Pi install later today to try 2.1.1.