Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Vmartinvega

Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Post by Vmartinvega »

Hi all

I am runnig razberry firmware version v2.1.1 and I cannot get the device interview finished successfully, so I was wondering if this device is not fully supported or I am making something wrong. Attached some pictures.

Best regards
Attachments
screenshot.13.jpg
screenshot.13.jpg (174.96 KiB) Viewed 22177 times
screenshot.12.jpg
screenshot.12.jpg (254.24 KiB) Viewed 22177 times
PoltoS

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Post by PoltoS »

The device just have a broken firmware. Having Version inside channels for example is just bad (means not allowed). The device announce it but do not answer, so interview will never finish
Vmartinvega

Post by Vmartinvega »

Many thanks for the info supplied.
Kire

Post by Kire »

I have the same problem.
Any one know if there a fix for this yet?
karel007

Post by karel007 »

Hi, i have exacly same problem. 4 devices (all fibaro FDG 212) are telling me that interview is not complete. Is there some workaround to solve this? I thing association between these devices is not working also because of this issue.
I would provide the log where I stopped server, deleted logs, started server and clicked on Force Interview for one of problematic device, but i'm not allowed to post the log file here.
Attachments
screenshot.JPG
screenshot.JPG (90.01 KiB) Viewed 22055 times
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We need to get them in hands first. May be also bind Fibaro bout the issue. Devices have Firmware Upgrade capability, so you can push them to release an update.
karel007

Post by karel007 »

PoltoS wrote:We need to get them in hands first. May be also bind Fibaro bout the issue. Devices have Firmware Upgrade capability, so you can push them to release an update.
Yes, you are right about firmware update. Non of my other zwave devices supports that function, so i totally forget about this possibility. However Fibaro does not have any update available on their support page, so i'm going to ask them via email.

But, can you form for me what exactly is wrong with their dimmer? Jut write me what i should complain about :)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It is just not Z-Wave Plus compliant ;)

Version inside channels, does not answer to most CCs under channels
bogr

Post by bogr »

karel007 wrote: But, can you form for me what exactly is wrong with their dimmer? Jut write me what i should complain about :)
@karel007 - did you get any answers from Fibaro?

Cheers,
bo
karel007

Post by karel007 »

Here is reply from Fibaro which i did not expect to be different :)
------------------------
Krzysztof Gumny 20 Nov 15

Hello,
At present it is not possible update firmware of the modules using other controllers and also Fibaro Home Centers.

Such functionality should be introduced in the future but we do not know yet when exactly.

Fibaro Dimmer 2 was checked via series of verification, also for compliance with the protocol of Z-Wave.

The most probably your issue is related with compatibility with your main controller, but about compatibility you should ask your main controller support team.

Best regards
-------------------------