Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
bogr

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Post by bogr »

Ok, thanx for the info. It't quite annoying to get such ignorant answer, when there seem to be clear proof of them not following the spec, according to PoltoS. Instead of giving you BS and pointing finger at the controller, they should answer why their product doesn't behave as it should.

I'll get an Aeon or Qubino then, and never even consider any Fibaro crap.
TritonT

Post by TritonT »

I have a box of these dimmers ready to install, which are now totally useless to me.

It seems that Fibaro have no intention of either acknowledging the problem or fixing it. I assume the reason the Interview fails is that Z-Way has a 'strict' interpretation of the structure of Interview response and that other hubs are 'looser' in what they allow.

If we are sure the device falls outside the rules for Z-Wave Plus, I will go and leave detailed negative reviews at the places I purchased them. Might help towards getting an updated firmware.
bogr

Post by bogr »

"We" should have a simple wiki-page where all provider specific mess-ups are documented - e.g a table with info about provider, device, bug, date. In this way their unwillingness to fix bugs will be very exposed and easily reviewed by others. Especially if the page gets good hits on search engines.
remoticz

Post by remoticz »

bogr wrote:"We" should have a simple wiki-page where all provider specific mess-ups are documented - e.g a table with info about provider, device, bug, date. In this way their unwillingness to fix bugs will be very exposed and easily reviewed by others. Especially if the page gets good hits on search engines.
There is a beginning here: viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=21476&p=56144
v2.1.1 raspi2
bogr

Post by bogr »

remoticz wrote: There is a beginning here: viewtopic.php?f=3423&t=21476&p=56144
Ahaa, I just sent pz1 a message...
michap

Post by michap »

Question:

Dimmer can not be used in Z-Way at all (because of this firmware bug) - or there are any limitations?

Thanks
Michael
Vmartinvega

Post by Vmartinvega »

The dimmer can be added, in fact I have it added to my z-wave network. The main problem is that there are some CommandClasess that are not recognized by the controller because the interview does not finished successfully and in consequence you cannot use them to communicate with the device. I dont know if there are others implications but this is one of them. Another issue I have (dont know if it is related with it or not) it that when I modify the dimmer in the switch manually the controller does not update this value so I cannot know when the dimmer was modify manually and in consequence some lights are active in my house. Could someone help on this, because perhaps I am requesting a wrong variable to the controller... Where the controller should have stored this value?
karel007

Post by karel007 »

@Michap:
You can use the fibaro dimmer, but you can not make association with other devices what i don't understand because association command class passed the inverview.
I think razberry is also partly guilty as it's not able properly handle unexpected states of device. I also don't understand why forcing interview for individual command classes does not work. The same command classed passed interview during repeated forced interview for whole device.

So i would stated for next readers:
Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 is no supported by razberry.

I've also the Z-Stick 2E usb controller, which i'm going to try with fibaro dimmer.
maxiepax

Post by maxiepax »

Is there any update on this?
Unfortunately i purchased 10 units from m.nu because it said on their site that the device was compatible with Razzbery..

I cant add the units via "normal" mode, however in expert they appear just as above, not properly interviewed.
I don't know what this means in reality though, i'm too new with z-wave to understand what Karel007 means by association not being possible.
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hi guys/gals,

sitting on the same problem here. Inclusion only works partially. No proper interview possible, no dimming via remote, local is working fine.

Requested support from fibaro, let's see if there's an update.

I ordered a dimmer from aeon labs just to have an alternative ;-)

Greetings, rws