WD MyCLoud and ZMEUUZB1

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
genxweb

WD MyCLoud and ZMEUUZB1

Post by genxweb »

I recently bought a my cloud and saw that it had zwave capabilities. So I purchased the ZMEUUZB1 in hopes of replacing my raspberry pi setup. I shut down the raspberry pi system and did a exclude on on the my cloud of all my devices. The exclude works instantly. However when I click on the inclusion it shows a check mark and does not even look like it is searching or doing anything else. The USB device is flashing but the devices fail to include.

I have tried this with a echolink door and window sensor as well as with a Schlage door lock version FE469CNX. There is also no logs in the history of errors or problems. How ever it never moves past the inclusion step and the start inclusion never does anything other then shows me a check box.

Iam I missing something. The few videos I found online really don't show the inclusion process.
genxweb

Re: WD MyCLoud and ZMEUUZB1

Post by genxweb »

Doing some debuging I found this issue. Seems the code in the UI is making reference to a file that is giving a http error response of 500:

-------------------------------------

Request URL:http://192.168.1.22:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/c ... twork(1)[b] <-- This is the resource to add the device and it is failing with message below. [/b]
Request Method:GET
Status Code:500 Internal Server Error
Remote Address:192.168.1.22:8083
Response Headers
view source
Access-Control-Allow-Credentials:true
Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*
Connection:close
Content-Length:24
Content-Type:text/plain
Transfer-Encoding:chunked
Request Headers
view source
Accept:application/json, text/plain, */*
Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflate, sdch
Accept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.8
Connection:keep-alive
Cookie:fw_version=2.11.133; ZWAYSession=a881b1a7-b28c-1e7f-a073-bfb455c82aa2
Host:192.168.1.22:8083
Referer:http://192.168.1.22:8083/smarthome/
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.116 Safari/537.36
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Did you make backups with smarthome and expertUI?
genxweb

Post by genxweb »

Not that I am aware of. I can't find the expert UI in this in this. I have used it on my raspberry pi setup before.
genxweb

Post by genxweb »

I found the expert mode and I get the same error. See the attached screen shot. I also created a backup in the expert mode and save it.
Attachments
expert.png
expert.png (41.54 KiB) Viewed 16650 times
genxweb

Post by genxweb »

I also tried to upgrade firmware but the system gives a error saying it cant I believe on on 2.11 and it looks like 5.04 might be the newest. Is there a way to upgrade this and see if that fizes the issue.
genxweb

Post by genxweb »

Purchasing the license to enable the zwave on the usb zwave fixed the issue 90% of the time. I still can not upgrade and it still is a issue now and then. Ia also cant add my schlage lock. It starts the inclusion and goes through but never shows up. It adds in expert mode as a smart keypad but does not give you any lock control. This use to work on the raspberry pi with the daughter card.
sunilphilip14

Post by sunilphilip14 »

Hi,

I am having the same issue. I am not able to include a device. I don;t have license since I have WD My Cloud and I believe it does not need a license. Were you able to solve the issue?

Cheers
Sunil
arsouille42

Post by arsouille42 »

Hello,
Like Sunil, I am in the same case : I've bought an usb stick z-wave.me : ZMEEUZB1. I 've connected it on my NAS Western Digital My cloud mirror gen2. But, when I want to do an inclusion i have this error on the Expert UI: "Unable to update data. controller.AddNodeToNetwork(1)". (The exlusion seems to be OK. ). Is a license necessary to use My Cloud Smart Home with z-wave ?
Thank's a lot, because i've bought many devices and I can't include them.
Kositch

Post by Kositch »

You have to definitely have a licence, it was doing to me the same problems before I have entered the licence key.

BTW: Does anyone knows how to upgrade Z-Wave.me app to latest version 2.3.7? My WD EX2 was shipped with 2.3.0.