Aeotec by Aeon Labs Multisensor 6

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Zway424

Aeotec by Aeon Labs Multisensor 6

Post by Zway424 »

Can someone please explain why the Multisensor that I am using now has an on/off button in v2.2.1? It used to not have a button in prior versions. The on/off button in the UI doesn't seem to turn off the functionality of the device, since it continues to provide sensor data even when it's turned off. The Element ID for the device is listed as "ZWayVDev_zway_Remote_14-0-0-B". The expert UI lists this device as battery powered, however it's actually mains powered. Is this button meant to be on/of for battery operated devices?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.57 KiB) Viewed 7995 times
DomotikQuebec

Re: Aeotec by Aeon Labs Multisensor 6

Post by DomotikQuebec »

In other controller, this binary switch is used to indicate if this sensor is "armed"

So you can make conditions like "If this sensor is armed and is detect movement, trigger the siren"
So you can simply activate this device and your condition will be valid when the sensor will detect movement.

Hope it helps !

:: EDIT ::
Sorry, I was wrong / not clear. :o The multisensor has two way of reporting motion detection (Parameter #5) :?
By default, it is sent thru the Basic CommandClasses and this virtual button was created to show this event.
Because this is sending the event for the Burglar Alarm (113-7) CommandClasses and the Basic CC

Anybody, please correct me for this virtual button if I'm wrong.
The Basic CC is a wildcard CC and every device must have it.
One of the core value of Z-Wave is the "retrofit" : Making sure that new devices works with older ones.
This explain why the MultiSensor is sending Basic Report by default.

For my part, I changed the parameter #5 with the value 2. I then receive reports for the General Purpose CC (48) and the Burglar (113)
And, once this parameter #5 changed thru the Expert UI, you can use the virtual button as a "Armed" flag as I said above :D
Mario Gravel
Domotik Quebec
DomotikQuebec

Post by DomotikQuebec »

Hi there,

I noticed in the Expert UI, in expert commands, Alarm : You can enable or disable
When disabled, any motion detection and/or vibration detection won't sent events on CC[113].Data[7]
You will only received the Basic Event or the General Purpose(CC[48]) depending on parameter (5)

This "Binary Switch" of the CC[113] is what I saw on another Z-Wave controller.

So you make you alarm conditions based on the values from Burglar and you can activate or deactivate Burglar events.

I think that a virtual Binary Switch is missing here.
Something like "Arm/Disarm" for the Alarm CC[113]
Mario Gravel
Domotik Quebec
fez

Post by fez »

That is a virtual switch for the motion detector (maybe alarms generally). I associated with it a light switch and whenever motion is detected the light will turn on.