Upgrade to 2.2.2 cannot login

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
kiwiamg

Upgrade to 2.2.2 cannot login

Post by kiwiamg »

I upgraded to latest version. Now in the web UI I can't login, says user name not recognised. I'm using username and password from a vault, so know they are correct from previous version. Has it been reset to some other default ?
vgr

Re: Upgrade to 2.2.2 cannot login

Post by vgr »

Same for me.............
ChristianL

Post by ChristianL »

Hi,
which browsers do you use ?

I've recognized that MS-IE and MS-Edge-Browser does not work on my Windows 10 pro with a preview-version as I am a member MS-Inside-Program-Participant.

It works on google-chrome and Firefox I have no problems. Z-Way-Control on IOS-Devices are having no problem as well.

Please more input
Christian
kiwiamg

Post by kiwiamg »

Hi Christian

I have tried Chrome on Windows 10 and also Safari on IOS.

Thanks
Allan
equathza

Post by equathza »

Same issue here, I've noticed my SD card root was full.
I've tried a few things to recover but it seems it messed things up big time.

I'm going for another reinstall after an upgrade, not amused
-> A fellow Z-way user running a network of 50+ devices
equathza

Post by equathza »

I don't even seem to be able to get a fresh install working, I've troubleshooted my SD card related error and replaced my SD card suspecting it has corrupt blocks. Misdiagnosed as the SD card it's write protection seems to ran in an mechanical failure, which is easily circumvented by creating a bridge. I can tell I run into pretty vague cache related issues when using firefox, chrome does some seem to have those issues. I suspect some serious software issues in 2.2.2, perhaps I find out the cause.
equathza

Post by equathza »

After endless tries none of the v2.xx version seems to be able to work on my raspberry Pi. The smarthome interface seem to be broken right after a fresh install, I don't get passed the login prompt with the default credentials. Upgrades nor downgrade give my any other results, I've tried various browsers all give exactly the same issue
The only version that I got "working" was version 1.7.1 which definitely excludes hardware related issues

I've send and e-mail to the support mail adress and haven't got any response.
Anyone here have a clue?
kiwiamg

Post by kiwiamg »

I re-installed 2.2.2 from the Pi command line, rather than the upgrade UI on the 8084 port. Then I applied the fix that is mentioned in other threads to create a missing json file. It seems to work ok now.

I did notice that even though I could not login before from the web interface that an iPhone app continued to work.
equathza

Post by equathza »

lmao, kiwiamg my hero! Just ran the update again (as that seems to fix the missing json also) and I finally am able to login. Very confusing
jstaffon

Post by jstaffon »

kiwiamg wrote:I re-installed 2.2.2 from the Pi command line, rather than the upgrade UI on the 8084 port. Then I applied the fix that is mentioned in other threads to create a missing json file. It seems to work ok now.

I did notice that even though I could not login before from the web interface that an iPhone app continued to work.
Which missing json file are you talking about? Is it the "timeout" file for the port 8084 UI? I've tried to create that missing json file but my system keeps deleting it. It's almost like there's a "watch dog" looking for new files and removes them.

Which json file are you referring to?

Thanks in advance!