S2 Security

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
A.Harrenberg

S2 Security

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS, hi p0lyg0n1,

Sigma / ZWave-Alliance announced that week that from April 2017 on, each device MUST implement S2 Security.

I want to start the implementation of S2 Security for the system I am using, but as far as I know there are no devices on the market yet that support this new security schemes.

Are there plans to implement this on the ZUNO? If the ZUNO will support that in the near future then I can use one of them (or buy a third one...) to test the implementation.

Best regards,
Andreas.

P.S.: It would be great to have some sort of a roadmap what updates / new functions we can expect in the next releases.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
PoltoS

Re: S2 Security

Post by PoltoS »

Indeed, S2 will become mandatory from 1st of April. But as usually, I expect it not to be as fast as Sigma expectit. Many companies will submit for certification 31st of March just to pull off the process of impelmenting S2 ;)

We have a plan to implement S2 in Z-Uno. We wanted to start it in December, but no idea yet how long will it take. It is not just adding S2, it is about changing the library to the new 6.71, so full re-test of all features - quite big work.

We also don't have S2 in Z-Way yet - means quite hard to test the implementation. But this is in our roadmap, so we want to at least annouce something early Jan 2017.

We have a pretty long list of features to be implemented in Z-Uno. May be we will publish it online on github.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

thank you for the feedback.

It will take me several weeks/months to implent this, depending on my free time. If there is somenthing available in January/February it would be great! I hope that by that time I already have some of the new encryption/decryption routines ready and can then start with the actual communication to the device.
PoltoS wrote: We have a plan to implement S2 in Z-Uno. We wanted to start it in December, but no idea yet how long will it take. It is not just adding S2, it is about changing the library to the new 6.71, so full re-test of all features - quite big work.
What library are you talking about? SDK/ZWave-Library from Sigma?
PoltoS wrote: We have a pretty long list of features to be implemented in Z-Uno. May be we will publish it online on github.
Yes, this would be great.
Are there maybe also plans to use a newer version of the Arduino environment than the current 1.6.5?

If I can help/support testing, please let me know.

Best regards,
Andreas.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Yes, it is about switching to the new Z-Wave SDK. Currently we use 6.51.06.

We plan to add support of 1.6.12 and upper soon, but not sure how important is it. Will take quite some time, while time is very limited.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

I haven't looked at the changelog for the Arduino in detail, but the list is quite long since the 1.6.5 release...

I haven't encountered a problem yet, but I also have some Atmels here for playing and I plan to use the Arduino environment for these too and would prefer to have the latest environment. I might be able to run an actual version of the environment in a virtual machine so I can have two versions. I will test that.

If it is a decision between a new class for the ZUNO or an update for the Arduino environment I would prefer the new class... ,-)

Regards,
Andreas.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

A.Harrenberg wrote:If it is a decision between a new class for the ZUNO or an update for the Arduino environment I would prefer the new class... ,-)
So we think ;) That's why we are still on 1.6.5.

We think about FLiRS SwitchBinary - for water flow stop control. About UserCode and DoorLock, ThermostatMode/SetPoint,... a lot to do.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

A.Harrenberg wrote:P.S.: It would be great to have some sort of a roadmap what updates / new functions we can expect in the next releases.
Here is the roadmap. We will fill it with more items on Monday. https://gist.github.com/PoltoS/85d9bcee ... fa6f063d55
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi PoltoS,

great! Is there also a rough planning for the timing of the releases?

For the implementation of S2 SECURTITY, what are the plans for:
- Transport Service Command Class, version 2
- Supervision Command Class

as these classes must be supported for S2??

Regards,
Andreas.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

These three classes will come all together