Can't update Firmware

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PoltoS

Re: Can't update Firmware

Post by PoltoS »

pepeEL wrote: [*]Pull EEPROM CS (you have to locate it) to LOW to select the EEPROM on SPI.
Can you explaine me more ?
In your magic "crab" you need to connect pin CS to GND.
pepeEL wrote: [*]Set up some Arduino or professional programmer (it MUST be 3V!!!!) to read//write into M25PE20 EEPROMS
Can i use CH341A programmer on USB ?
No idea, never used it.
pepeEL wrote: [*]Write at 0x7800 the .bin file above (full file byte per byte skipping 0x1800 = 6144 bytes)
Can i write all file without this ? My programmer write all. Idont see option to skip bytes
I've sent you that file via our support desk. It has these zero bytes skipped. The .bin on the server have these zero paddings.
pepeEL wrote: [*]Then write 1 at 0x77ff
What do you mean write 1 at 0x77ff ? write numer"1" to adress 0x77ff ?
Right. The address is in hex because we use it in hex. convert to decimal.
pepeEL wrote: [*]Release CS
What do you mean ?
Disconnect CS pin from GND. See 1
pepeEL wrote: [*]Pull RST to LOW and the release (to reboot Z-Wave chip)
What do you mean ?
Connect RST on 6pin connector of RaZberry to GND and the disconnect.
pepeEL wrote: Can you explaine me more... ?
Well, if this is not enough, just ship it us.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I did. via helpdesk system. Please check it.

It was called UPD_FIRMWARE_Razberry_from_05_10_to_05_04_.bin (with _.bin, not just .bin)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

ok, add 1 byte with value 0x01 to the beginning and put that file as is at 0x77ff
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please just send it to us to repair. For us it is easier than fix it remotelly w/o even be sure you have the right tool.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I've show the full instructions to follow. There is nothing to send more. You need to write the file I've sent at 0x7800 and then write 0x01 at 0x77ff. This should heal it. SHOULD - means we have never tired. For us it is clearly easier to fix it inhouse with our tools than to explain remotelly how to workaround it.

If you can not use your tools, we can not help remotelly, in that case please send it. May be you can find a geek nearby who can help you?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

No ;( we dont' have them. We program Z-Wave chips and not EEPROMS. EEPROM is a temporarily place for firmwares, then they are uploaded in the Z-Wave chip.

In your case since Z-Wave chip still runs the old bootloader you can write old f/w in the EEPROM and force bootloader to upgrade. But this is a clear hack - if it does not work from the first shot, we can not support this.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

the difference is in first 0x1800 bytes. Just compare them. The bootloader is in the chip
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

no

UPD.
No, first is for UZB, second is for RaZberry
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

See above. One for UZB, one for RaZ. You need the one for RaZ I've sent you. There is no bootloader inside as you don't need it now. You need to restore the f/w first
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Again, there is no bootloader file for you - no need.

Just place the UPD_FIRMWARE_Razberry_from_05_10_to_05_04_.bin at address 0x7800 and also put byte 0x01 (one byte) at 0x77ff (you can prepend this byte manually and write single file at 0x77ff).

After you put this back to your RaZ, it should go into downgrade to 5.04. But on guarantee this will work - we have never tried that.