Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Provo

Re: Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FDG)-212 Fully supported

Post by Provo »

PoltoS wrote:The device just have a broken firmware. Having Version inside channels for example is just bad (means not allowed). The device announce it but do not answer, so interview will never finish
It may well be that I'm misunderstanding the Z-Wave spec, but Chapter 3.52 Version Command Class, version 1 in the Z-Wave Command Class Specification, N-Z, says:
In a Multi Channel device, the Version Command Class MUST be supported by the Root Device, while the Version Command Class SHOULD NOT be supported by individual End Points.

There may be cases where a given Command Class is not implemented by the Root Device of a Multi Channel device. However, the Root Device MUST respond to Version requests for any Command Class implemented by the Multi Channel device; also in cases where the actual Command Class is only provided by an End Point.
The terms MUST and SHOULD NOT are described in the top of the document (Chapter 2.3) to correspond to the definitions in IETF RFC 2119, which defines SHOULD NOT like this:
4. SHOULD NOT This phrase, or the phrase "NOT RECOMMENDED" mean that there may exist valid reasons in particular circumstances when the particular behavior is acceptable or even useful, but the full implications should be understood and the case carefully weighed before implementing any behavior described with this label.
So it appears to me that Fibaro may well be involved in some bad practice here, but having Version CCs inside channels does not seem to be illegal according to the spec. As I said, I might be mistaken, but if so it would be great if you could elaborate and point to the relevant part of the spec. :)
RockyFath

Post by RockyFath »

Hi everyone..i am a new user here. As per my knowledge Non of my other zwave devices supports that function, so i totally forget about this possibility. However Fibaro does not have any update available on their support page, so i'm going to ask them via email.But, can you form for me what exactly is wrong with their dimmer?
skeal

Post by skeal »

As i have switched to Z-wave.Me software today I also have this problem with 5 of my nodes. Are there any news or will this be fixed in any version?
According to Provo the firmware of FGD-212 seems to be ok?
matzwave

Post by matzwave »

Any news on this matter, will this be fixed in a Razberry update soon?

I just bought 11 FDG-212 dimmers, and a Razberry but am quite shocked that the dimmers aren't fully supported by Razberry. Now I'm considering returning either the fibaro dimmers or the razberry. I'm not spending 800+ euros for something that is'n fully working. :roll:
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It was completelly fixed in v2.3.0-rc6. Please have a look
benis

Post by benis »

I guess that is Razberry version 2.3.0 R6 right? Is it stable enough to install for a running system? Or do you know when this is gonna be a stable release?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We hope to release it within one-two weeks. ...if no huge bugs will be found before
benis

Post by benis »

Exciting!

Will it fix the existing non-finished pairings or do you have to re-pair the pairing with the Fibaro dimmers?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Force Interview
benis

Post by benis »

Thanks Poltos!