ZME-UZB1

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Dev

ZME-UZB1

Post by Dev »

Hi,

We have got ZME UZB1 and we took LM 4 ( Logic Machine 4 ) as the server. Can anyone please let us know how could we reset the Z wave ME stick ( ZME-UZB1 ) ?

Like in Aeotic USB, we have a dedicated reset button. What is the reset procedure here ?
PoltoS

Re: ZME-UZB1

Post by PoltoS »

echo -ne "\x01\x04\x00\x42\x01\xB8" > /dev/ttyACM0
robertcoles

Post by robertcoles »

How can I get the device to join an existing z wave network as a 2ndary controllor ?
I don't see any options in the web software to do this.. I'm guessing I'm looking for a code to send like the above reset ?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

do you want razberry to become secondary? there is a butt but available after reset (in 2,3,0 there is a bug - it is not enabled, you can use API instead)
Quammy

Post by Quammy »

PoltoS wrote:
06 Jan 2017 20:42
echo -ne "\x01\x04\x00\x42\x01\xB8" > /dev/ttyACM0
Hi,

I know it's an old post but I'm with the same need - I want to hard reset my Z-Wave.Me ZME_UZB1 USB Stick which I have connected to a RPi3 that runs hass.io (Home Assistant OS).

When using SSH and running the command above, there is no feedback and the ZME_UZB1 still 'remembers' the zwave devices. How can I reset it?

Thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Sure your user do have access to dailout group? Run it from 'sudo -s'
Quammy

Post by Quammy »

Apparently, hass.io runs on Resin OS and does not recognize the sudo command (or something of that like, I'm noob with linux...)
anyway, I ran it using Hassbian version (Home Assistant version of Raspbian) and it worked as expected. Thank you very much.
Quammy

Post by Quammy »

Hi there, me again - after resetting the UZB, I now cannot include any of the modules I have. I already hard reset also one of the modules (FIBARO switch 213) to no avail.
I can see the UZB enter the inclusion mode (blue light flashes frequently), then performing the inclusion process on the module but nothing appears on the controller (HA). When I included devices before the reset - the modules 'arrived' almost immediately.
What can I do to solve the issue?
Thanks
Quammy

Post by Quammy »

Hi @PoltoS,

I've decided to go ahead and try to use z-wave.me proprietary tools to analyze the issues, so it will be easier for you to understand what is going on and offer a solution, so:
1. I've installed the Z-Way SmartHome Raspberry image
2. Made sure the UZB loads correctly (/dev/ttyACM0)
3. On the expert view -> Network -> Controller Info, I got the following data:

Code: Select all

Hardware
Vendor:	Z-Wave.Me
Vendors Product ID:	1024 / 1
Z-Wave Chip:	ZW0500
Firmware
Library Type:	Static Controller
SDK Version:	6.51.06
Serial API Version:	05.05
4. When trying to add a secured device (expert view -> Network -> Control -> Device Management -> Start Inclusion), I'm getting the error:

Code: Select all

Error handling data
/ZWave.zway/Run/controller.AddNodeToNetwork(1)
5. I also executed the "Controller factory reset" and tried point 4 again, following the same error.
6. Just to test, when clicked the "Exclude" button, it goes ok - the UI notifies in green note to push the button on the module and I can see the UZB flashes with blue light. BTW, with the HomeAssistant interface the, the inclusion command did start the flashing blue light on the UZB but as mentioned on previous post, no module was attached.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Check the frequency of your dongle (in Z-Way) and if your modules. If exclusion works, frequency are same.

Z-Way needs a license for your UZB to include a device