Compatibility with Fibaro HC2 - Problem Corrected

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
Johnep

Re: Compatibility with Fibaro HC2 - help needed!

Post by Johnep »

Hi I'm pretty new to the Z-uno and Fibaro, HC2 lite.
I'm running a program on the Z-Uno that tests the status of a PIR sensor. I can see the sensor is working and the zunoSendReport is being used, both in the serial monitor and on the HC2 lite as the zwave led lights up whenever the sensor is activated. However the Fibaro system then never replies and does not activate the getter function so no value ever gets passed back. I suspect This is more of an issue with the rather complex setup in Fibaro but I just can't fix it, any ideas would be very much appreciated!
I have successfully added switch and RGBW functions but I cannot get any sensor function to work.
04greg1980

Re: Compatibility with Fibaro HC2

Post by 04greg1980 »

Hello,
Just to say a big thanks to the developers of Z-uno. The 2.0.8 version with Fibaro HC2 4.110 run correctly my first program post in this discussion. So I have no problem of compatibility between Z-uno and my HC2.
Thanks for all and your help.
Greg
PoltoS

Re: Compatibility with Fibaro HC2 - Problem Corrected

Post by PoltoS »

Great to know! Have you changed the config param 12 for this or it worked with default config?
http://z-uno.z-wave.me/z-wave/configuration-parameters/
04greg1980

Post by 04greg1980 »

Hello,
No I change no parameter to have that.
Thanks a lot.
Greg
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Looks like Fibaro have fixed something
perjar

Post by perjar »

Hi,

I am having a problem with the zuno appearing in the HC2 as a binary sensor by default and I don't know how to change it.
I am running SW release 4.170.

I am setting up 2 association groups in zuno, both are dimmer groups:

ZUNO_SETUP_ASSOCIATIONS(ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM, ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE_AND_DIM);

When the zuno is inlcuded in the HC2 it presents 3 groups as expected, one lifeline group and my 2 dimmer groups.

The problem however, is that the zuno appears as a binary sensor in the UI of the HC2 and this looks a bit confusing.
The UI lets me choose between "door", "window", "smoke", "flood" and "motion. Neither of them are relevant.

This does not seem to affect the functionality however. I can associate dimmer devices with the dimmer groups and that works just fine. No issues.

But I would like the device to be seen as a dimmer or remote control or at least something more relevant than a sensor.

Has anyone come across this issue?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This is not an issue but by design. Since you have not defined any channel, we need to either set us as a remote or make a virtual sensor. We do the latter (was some simplicity decisions years ago). It should send alarms when service button I'd pressed.
Clie

Re: Compatibility with Fibaro HC2

Post by Clie »

PoltoS wrote:
13 Nov 2016 13:05
@04greg1980 We plan next release with the hack for second part of November. But we need to check first with new HC2 firmware.

@rusboy Летом работало, но вышла новая версия от Fibaro, и в ней опять всё поломали. Увы, мы не можем под них подстраиваться, а Fibaro вечно выпускает прошивки, ломающие совместимость. Стараемся как можем.
Теперь все стало ясно.