Problem with one device after upgrading to 2.3.0/2.3.1

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
bjoern812

Re: Problem with one device after upgrading to 2.3.0/2.3.1

Post by bjoern812 »

Hi PoltoS,

I cannot use old versions of Z-Way, because I have already deleted the backups. :(

Have already search for a firmware update, but have nothing found. So how can I get in touch
with the manufacturer?
The siren is part of an alarm system for my house, so I have to look for another one, that
I can count on. Think will try the siren from Aeon...

Anything else I can do?

Thanks.
Bjoern.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We have already transmitted that info to the manufacturer, hope they can reproduce it (such bugs are pretty hard to reproduce in labs...)
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

I assume that this will be very easy to reproduce, yesterday 3 out of my 4 sirens stop reacting.
Install the siren in Z-Way and wait a week ;-)
I tried to poll them every hour, this doesn´t change the symtom. Please keep us updated about the
information from manufacturer.
bjoern812

Post by bjoern812 »

Dear PoltoS,

thank you for submitting the problem to the manufacturer. Hope they find something.
Wonder if other users haven't any problems. There are many re-branded versions from
Philio siren, like Zipato, D-Link and Devolo.
All re-branded versions must have same problem. Or the users doesn't know, because
they don't notice it.

Bjoern.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

They might have different firmwares.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Any news on this topic? At least my sirens stop working after 3 days...
I´m pretty sure that it is a kind of security problem, i remember that i read a very interesting post from A.Harrenberg
where you, Polto also were involved.
Is it possible to reset the "security stack/communication" to check this? At the moment I have to restart the siren
to get it back answering, restart of Razberry doesn´t help.
Thanks for help
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I'm not sure I understand what post are you about.
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi,

I have to agree with PoltoS. If the device is not reacting and work again after a power-down/power-up cycle, then it is definitely a problem of the device. It "might" be that this wierd behavior is somehow triggered by something that is now different than in the past, but it is still a firmware issue of the device.

I don't know much about Z-Way but there might by for example a different timing for the NMI (NoMoreInformation) Message that send the device back to sleep which cause the device to go to sleep before the message is actually received and causing some internal stack overflow or other wierd error in the firmware, ending up in a non responsive device...

What I want to explain here is, it might be triggered by something from the outside, but the device is faulty...

It would be interesting if the device is still reacting to "unsecured" commands, for example reading of configuration bytes, battery state...

Best regards,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support
bjoern812

Post by bjoern812 »

Hi Andreas,

thank you for your post.
How can I test, if the device response to non-secure commands? Every command z-way sends is secure, of course.
Configuration readings / settings are also in secure mode. All commands are stucks in the queue of z-way.
What I can see in the queue is that the "Nonce Get" are delivered to the device and that seems to be non-secure.
But I don't know, if this is an indicator that the device response to non-secure messages.

What I can think of, if I try to include the device in non-secure mode, if this is possible.

What do you mean?

Thanks
Bjoern
A.Harrenberg

Post by A.Harrenberg »

Hi Bjoern,

es müssen nicht unbedingt alle Klassen mit SECURITY geschützt werden. Soweit ich das gesehen habe ist z.B. "Version" nicht geschützt. Du könntest also mal versuchen damit einen Befehl zu erzeugen. (Keine Ahnung welche Befehle Z-Way da zur Verfügung stellt...)

Non-Secure einbinden "kann" funktionieren. Viele Geräte bieten die gleichen Funktionen, egal ob mit oder ohne Security, andere Geräte (z.B. ein Türschloss) können da restriktiver sein und non-Secure gar nichts mehr an Funktionen zulassen... Die Anleitung lässt sich dazu irgendwie nicht eindeutig aus...

Gruß,
Andreas.
fhem.de - ZWave development support