WALLC (ZME_WCD2) - how to force factory reset?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Traskmannen

WALLC (ZME_WCD2) - how to force factory reset?

Post by Traskmannen »

I got some 2nd hand Z-wave stuff for Christmas and I need some help getting it to work...

One of the devices is a z-wave.me wall controller WALLC, the label on the backside says "ZME-WCD2".

I am trying to include it in my VeraLIte but it won't work, I guess it was not excluded from its previous network. Does anyone have an idea about how I can factory reset it? I do not have access to the controller to which it previously was connected.
enbemokel

Re: WALLC (ZME_WCD2) - how to force factory reset?

Post by enbemokel »

You don´t need the original controller, just exclude with your Vera. This should work.
Traskmannen

Post by Traskmannen »

Thanks for the reply!
For some reason I am not able to neither include nor exclude it, I must be doing something wrong.

What I try (I have Ui7 on my Vera): Go to devices - add devices - choose generic z-wave device and click "retry" before the inclusion timer has finished. "Ready"-light on the VeraLite starts flashing quickly which I think shows it is in exclusion mode. I set the WALLC in management mode by pushing all four buttons for 5 seconds until the WALLC LED slowly flashes green. I then push button 3 (standard inclusion / exclusion) and the led flashes green twice and the red once. The LED on the Vera is now still flashing fast, no difference there. Now absolutely nothing happens, even if I wait for a while.

Clicking "Try adding it again" gets the Vera ready LED to flash slowly (inclusion mode, right?). I set the WALLC in management mode again and push button 3 again. Again two green and a red flash by the LED, further nothing.

What am I missing?
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Seems you are doing everything correct. How far are you away from the Vera? Maybe you should use Button 1 for NWI.
Also, what happens if you don´t do anything on the Vera and just use the include/exclude from the WallC? Same LED behaviour?
Maybe it´s broken, as you wrote from 2nd hand devices......
Traskmannen

Post by Traskmannen »

Thanks for the support.

I finally started thinking, and now I solved the problem. The root cause is quite embarrassing. I just put in a fresh battery and now it works as it should... :oops:

Sorry for wasting your time!
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

:-) no problem, it will help others who read this thread ;-)