Shield for Z-Uno

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
PoltoS

Shield for Z-Uno

Post by PoltoS »

What do you think about a shield for Z-Uno that fits 4u DIN or IP44 cases by Gainta, have 4 FET driven PWM outputs for relay or RGBW LED control, 4 i/o with configurable voltage dividers for 5V or 12V, ADC, 1-wire, 2 fast pins, UART, built-in RS485 and additional soldering field?

It is already on the way!

If you have more ideas for this shield, please share!
Z-Uno Shield.png
Z-Uno Shield.png (122.98 KiB) Viewed 10069 times
In more details:
  • 3V, 5V or 12-24V input (for popular DIN-rail power supplies)
  • 4 PWM outputs with FETs to drive relays or RGBW (4 channels) LED strips
  • UART or RS485 (configurable with a jumper)
  • 4 ADC inputs with dividers for 3V, 5V or 12V (configurable with a jumper)
  • 2 fast pins
  • SPI and I2C available on soldering breadboard
  • all Z-Uno pins available on the soldering breadboard
petergebruers

Re: Shield for Z-Uno

Post by petergebruers »

RGBW = short circuit protected? With current measurement?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

No power measurements. Just a MOSFET to drive a high current output. You can add the measurement chip yourself.

No protection - we just turn it on/off.
Why do you need protection if the wiring is correct?
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

PoltoS wrote:
08 Apr 2018 21:40
(...) No protection - we just turn it on/off.
Why do you need protection if the wiring is correct?
True! I need it, when the wiring is incorrect ;)

Maybe the mosfet is so powerful, it can survive a short circuit and drag the supply down...?

If I would make my own RGBW I would use "Smart Low Side Power Switch" used in automotive. I have some older BSP78. Very robust.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon- ... dd91c74c39
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Here is an updated list of features of the Z-Uno shield:
  • Energy efficient (switching) power supply for Z-Uno with 6-30 V input. Up to 500 mA output on 3.3 V to power your additional peripherals. Poplular DIN-rail 12 V and 24 V power supplies are perfectly ok.

You can still power with 3V or 5V directly to Z-Uno.
  • Control of 4 channels switching with DC (up to 24 V, up to 10 A per channel or 15 A totally) switching. Implemeted as open collector (FET), can be used with Z-Uno PWM (analogWrite). Can control relays, RGBW LED-strips, electro-mechanical locks, valves, solenoids.

Those channels can also be used to drive dimmers with 0-10 V control input (you need to do PWM of a 10 V power source - this will be seen by dimmers as 0-10 V input).
  • 2 connectors for UART 3.3 V or RS485 (embedded SN65176BDR) or GPIO (configurable with a jumper) - connected to UART0 pins. Can be used to read data from inductrial meters
  • 4 ADC inputs with dividers for 3 V, 5 V or 12 V or GPIO (configurable with a jumper). Connect sensors with voltage up to 13.7 V.
  • 2 fast pins for GPIO or OneWire
  • Free breadboard with 14x3 + 15x3 holes to place additional components of your choice. All Z-Uno pins available near the the breadboard. Use Z-Uno GPIO, UART, SPI, I2C or OneWire to connect your peripherals.
  • Will be available in four housings options:
ondrej_bajer

Post by ondrej_bajer »

This shield looks great! I'm looking forward to buy one or two and fit them inside a DIN rail casing.
Is the shield available already, please?
Where can I order it?

Idea: I'd like to have voltage divider for 10V ADC input, as 0-10V is the standard for many industrial sensors. But 12V divider can be used for this too, sacrifying some portion of accuracy in favor of safety.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We hope to make the shield available in July. Our master distributor Z-Wave Europe is supposed to distribute it across all Z-Wave e-shops like Z-Uno.

The DIN rail housing will be included with the shield.

We made 12 V divider because it also fits 10 V input and is tolerant to 12 Volts too. Since Z-Uno have 12 bits ADC the accuracy should be still enough.
ondrej_bajer

Post by ondrej_bajer »

Good job! Thanks a lot!
ondrej_bajer

Post by ondrej_bajer »

Hi guys, any progress with getting the shield on the market? I'm checking eshops every other day but still nothing...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Not yet. We are running production end of this month. I hope we can get it in the market end of August.

It will be in three casings:
DIN-rail variant in Gainta ​D4MG (http://www.gainta.com/en/d4mg.html)
Sealed enclosure (IP65) Gainta ​G2104C (http://www.gainta.com/en/g2104c.html)
Enclosure with flanges Gainta NUB1057035WH (http://www.gainta.com/en/nub1057035wh.html)

Will be equipped with a Z-Uno.

We also plan to make a code constructor to easily build code for most popular options. Those sketches will be compiled right on our site - no need to download the Arduino IDE - just checkbox items you need in your Shield and download the sketch for OTA or code for IDE. OTA is easy to use in Z-Way to upgrade user sketch without connecting to USB