Device icon state problem Aeotec door/window sensor 6

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Thomas

Device icon state problem Aeotec door/window sensor 6

Post by Thomas »

Hello
I recently went to v3.0.0-rc17, and an odd problem has been introduced.
I have a small number of Aeotec Door/window sensor 6 already installed :
Aeotec door/window sensor 6 FT112-C
They are all working fine for several versions of zway - since 2.3.7 i think.
Then one failed - it started using the battery in only few days, while the others still stayed alive for months.
So i had the failed one changed under warranty, and needed to include the new exchanged one.
Now the problem. The device includes fine in secure mode, but when i open the door/window, the icon does not change state.
If the sensor is closed when including it, then the icon stays closed whatever i do.
If the sensor is open, when i include it, i get the correct open icon when including it, but it stays open whatever i do.
The other sensors of same type still works, and changes nicely between open/closed icon as the door/window is opened/closed.
I do notice, in the zniffer window, the log indicates new events from the "frozen" newly added device, as i open and close the newly added window/door, so it looks like the device is talking. And the fact that it includes the correct status open or closed at the moment of inclusion, proofs that both states are recognized correctly first time.

Is it worth trying an earlier release candidate, and is it safe to backrev?
Any other ideas ( i hope i get it fixed before getting to device ID 232 :-)
Thomas
Thomas

Re: Device icon state problem Aeotec door/window sensor 6

Post by Thomas »

I forgot to add an important fact.
I had doubts about the good working of the exchanged device, so i bought a new one of the same kind (question of having the same device on all doors/windows).
The new Aeotec Door/Window sensor 6 that i just received has the exact same problem.
enbemokel

Post by enbemokel »

Did you try to change the icons for complete different icons? Maybe just the icon isn´t updated, thats how I understand your description.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hello - sorry the delay.
I considered your suggestion, and did a lot of more testing, but behavior stays the same. I did not dive into the icons, because on the elements list on the main page, where the icon is expected to show open and closed, there is also mentioned the word on or off corresponding to the icon. If i include in open state, the word "on" is displayed, and if i include in closed state the word "off" is displayed. The word also does not change between "on" or "off". Still the Zniffer log does show events from the device
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

And JUST before shutting down the PC, i was playing with the magnet and the sensor, and noticed something blinking on the screen. Turned out by including my sensor, also a button was created, and somewhere it was said, that the button was created by "Trap events from Remotes and Sensors". This button was changing state from one to zero and vice versa, when i approached or removed the sensor magnet.
I took the application off since it was not used, excluded my sensor and included it again, but still no luck - only now i do not get the odd button as well as the sensor when i include it.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Solution - upgraded to z-way-3.0.0-rc23_armhf.deb and could now include Aeotec door/window sensor 6 without problems. Thanks for the update.