Controller change - Lost control over securely included devices

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
MrRusch

Controller change - Lost control over securely included devices

Post by MrRusch »

I've been using the original RaZberry for quite some time, but recently bought the RaZberry2 and a new RPI to upgrade my setup.
I performed a controller change using the ExpertUI, but now I cannot control the devices on my network that have been securely included.
I can get an update on the Status tab if I request it, but any attempt to control it seems to time out.
Did I need to transfer the network key separately? Anything that can be fixed or do I need to exclude and re-include them all with new controller?
PoltoS

Re: Controller change - Lost control over securely included devices

Post by PoltoS »

If your old controller is still alive, make a backup and restore it. It might happen that restore will complain (in the log), so send it us and we help you.

Restore this backup on the new hardware.
MrRusch

Post by MrRusch »

PoltoS wrote:
09 Aug 2019 02:46
If your old controller is still alive, make a backup and restore it. It might happen that restore will complain (in the log), so send it us and we help you.

Restore this backup on the new hardware.
I actually already did a backup from ExpertUI on the old hardware, and restored this on the new - seemingly without errors. This made the names of my devices show up properly.
But I did NOT check the "Also restore network topology" checkbox. Should I have done so? I didn't find much information about what this actually meant.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

That checkbox is to also restore information on the RaZberry - otherwise only names and interview data is restored, but not the list of devices
MrRusch

Post by MrRusch »

PoltoS wrote:
09 Aug 2019 08:11
That checkbox is to also restore information on the RaZberry - otherwise only names and interview data is restored, but not the list of devices
One would think that the controller change function would transfer the network key as part of the process, but I'm happy to report that restoring the previous controller's network topology did in fact work - I can now control the securely included devices again. :D